Ski The East Freeride Tour 2014: Stop 4 Jay Peak Finals - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A lot of these guys and girls are very good skiers. I watched them practicing at Magic's STE stop this season as they tackled a frozen/crusty Black Magic into Black line under marginal cover.
    Tough enough trail in good conditions but these guys were skiing it at high speeds on frozen glare ice bumps mixed with rock/dirt.

The following wknd I watched many of the same people make Liftline at Smuggs look easy.
    2018-19
    Wildcat 11/10

2017-2018 Days: 51
    2016-2017 Days: 51
    2015-2016 Days: 25
    2014-2015 Days: 36
    2013-2014 Days: 25
    2012-2013 Days: 16
    2011-2012 Days: 25
    2010-2011 Days: 24
    2009-2010 Days: 47

Quote Originally Posted by xwhaler View Post
    A lot of these guys and girls are very good skiers. I watched them practicing at Magic's STE stop this season as they tackled a frozen/crusty Black Magic into Black line under marginal cover.
    Tough enough trail in good conditions but these guys were skiing it at high speeds on frozen glare ice bumps mixed with rock/dirt.

The following wknd I watched many of the same people make Liftline at Smuggs look easy.
    I think the video makes the skiing look less difficult than it actually is. Having seen some of the footage for the Smuggs comp, and having skied liftline for myself, some of these skiers are damn good. Dropping some of that stuff without assessing the landing - and sticking the steep landing without wrecking - takes some skill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xwhaler View Post

Liftline is hard?

My son has skied the Castlerock Extreme several times and also done the MRG and Magic STEFT events. In addition to killing it on the difficult terrain he also skis with speed. Castlerock Extreme used to have a time element and he skied the Liftline course in well under 3 minutes.

Thread Information