Ski The East Freeride Tour 2014: Stop 4 Jay Peak Finals

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Video Ski The East Freeride Tour 2014: Stop 4 Jay Peak Finals

Some rainy day stoke! Was watching this and it made me thing of some of the banter that takes place on this forum. Have any of you ever participated in this competition? Have any of you even considered it?

Imagine their bases after those two runs?
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Nope. Not even in the same zip code as some of those riders. Those kids can rip

Quote Originally Posted by MadMadWorld View Post
    Did you watch all of it? Truthfully, I wasn't all that impressed. Some skiers showed a fair amount of balls and the ability to do some impressive tricks, but most of their skiing was just okay.

I'm sure all of them are way better skiers than I, but they certainly weren't pro-level by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Did you watch all of it? Truthfully, I wasn't all that impressed. Some skiers showed a fair amount of balls and the ability to do some impressive tricks, but most of their skiing was just okay.

I'm sure all of them are way better skiers than I, but they certainly weren't pro-level by any means.
    Well some were pretty good - I even saw a 720 in there! Others were just crazy f#$%s who were out of control and got lucky! Then there were others who had no business being there - to your point!

I found the digger some were taking to be rather entertaining - I know that sounds sick! Those rocks sticking out were raising havoc!

I have skied those runs but not at speed - slower with more control and limited to straight forward smaller jumps. There was also more snow!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post

I sorta felt that way, too... I'm sure the camera flattens out the run, so it is probably much more challenging and difficult to ski than it looks. It's likely that some of the skiers are more familiar with the terrain than others, so that is a factor, too.

The guy who got the cliff huckstable award had a nice jump. Good size drop into a steep, tight landing. Nice! The men's winner had a nice, clean run.

It was fun to watch. I'm not sure if there will be enough snow up there to ski it when I get there, but hopefully I can get a good look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were plenty of people here you'd be competitive with - any many you could beat in a ski-off...!

You just need to work on your 720

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to admit though....I do throw a mean 180

I can't waste my time on easy tricks like that DHS. I'm working on a frontside no spin at the moment. That's the real deal

I can't waste my time on easy tricks like that DHS. I'm working on a frontside no spin at the moment. That's the real deal
    Ahhhh yes the super stylie straight air. It is harder than it looks. I've been trying to perfect it since I started skiing.

Thread Information