• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Riding a runnoff river at Stowe

Domeskier

I realize people don't like crowded slopes, but the spacing of the chairs on that lift seems excessive.

Savemeasammy

That looks like it would be fun... If you could borrow your buddy's skis. And boots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savemeasammy

^I'm embarrassed for you...

Madmadworld, meet Domeskier. He likes to joke around. A lot. ;)

dlague

People noticed the darnedest things! I had to back and watch that before I noticed the missing chairs.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Savemeasammy

People noticed the darnedest things! I had to back and watch that before I noticed the missing chairs.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

It's actually the gondola. Huck_it_baby and I were there on Friday, and there were actually a few cars on it - and it was running for some reason or another.

jimmywilson69

that is a lot of water. I'm suprised the get that kind of flow in the middle of that slope. While I have never been to Stowe in the summer, I always imagined Gondolier to be a perfectly manacured grass slope.

Domeskier

That's an affirmative. I like skiing domes, bashing bumps and making dumbass comments on the internets. Not necessarily in that order, but very probably in that order. Unfortunately, life circumstances are such that I have to engage in them in exactly the opposite order....

Savemeasammy

That's an affirmative. I like skiing domes, bashing bumps and making dumbass comments on the internets. Not necessarily in that order, but very probably in that order. Unfortunately, life circumstances are such that I have to engage in them in exactly the opposite order....

Have you explored employment opportunities in the Middle East? That could afford you the opportunity to live up to your screen name. The bump bashing might be a bit weak, though...

Domeskier

Have you explored employment opportunities in the Middle East? That could afford you the opportunity to live up to your screen name. The bump bashing might be a bit weak, though...

Not the Middle East, but I have seriously considered relocating to the far east for this: http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php/123445-Woongjin-Snowdoci-Bucheon-South-Korea

I believe there are also some indoor bump skiing options in the UK, which wouldn't involve learning how to talk with a bunch of new words, not to mention the rules for connecting them into coherent speech...

Savemeasammy

Not the Middle East, but I have seriously considered relocating to the far east for this: http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php/123445-Woongjin-Snowdoci-Bucheon-South-Korea

I believe there are also some indoor bump skiing options in the UK, which wouldn't involve learning how to talk with a bunch of new words, not to mention the rules for connecting them into coherent speech...

I think my wife would divorce me if I had access to indoor skiing.

mbedle

The gondolas are coming down this spring and heading to NH to get rehabbed. The cable is also getting replaced.