• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The PBR Thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
I hope this PBR lovefest on AZ ends soon. It's like I don't even know you people. Here's this group of passionate skiers and riders whom many of are gear whores and all have an insatiable appetite for great snow conditions. Yet, so many are on the PBR bandwagon.

PBR and other beers of such style are basically the WROD of beers. It's available and cheap, but it still sucks.

Now don't get me wrong, I like WROD as much as the next guy. I will ski anything in desperation, just like I'll drink any beer put in front of me when I have no other option. But, when I have better options, I certainly don't go out seeking WROD, just like I don't go out seeking shitty beers.

Ya'all need to respect your livers more.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I hope this PBR lovefest on AZ ends soon. It's like I don't even know you people. Here's this group of passionate skiers and riders whom many of are gear whores and all have an insatiable appetite for great snow conditions. Yet, so many are on the PBR bandwagon.

PBR and other beers of such style are basically the WROD of beers. It's available and cheap, but it still sucks.

Now don't get me wrong, I like WROD as much as the next guy. I will ski anything in desperation, just like I'll drink any beer put in front of me when I have no other option. But, when I have better options, I certainly don't go out seeking WROD, just like I don't go out seeking shitty beers.

Ya'all need to respect your livers more.

Speaking for me personally it is more of a joke than anything else. Just tongue in cheek.

With the warm temps here I like it because it is light and refreshing. Is it on par with my favorite microbrews? No. But it is dirt cheap (which, regrettably, now is a good thing) and easy to get.

dlague

At North Hampton Beach wife and opted to get out of the sun for a beverage or two at North Beach Bar & Grill - some how an ice cold PBR pounder seems nice. No worries I will switch to a Smuttynose IPA next!

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1402248614.342473.jpg

i typed with my i thumbs using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
^all true. BUT, I frequently choose to ski at a $40 resort instead of a $90 resort even if the skiing isn't quite as good. Don't you?

We're talking about WROD and respecting your liver. Please don't cloud the issue with economics.

I actually bought a PBR today.......should taste pretty good..........

in a couple hours..........

2928piu.jpg

2jbmaab.jpg

WoodCore

We're talking about WROD and respecting your liver. Please don't cloud the issue with economics.

I actually bought a PBR today.......should taste pretty good..........

in a couple hours..........

2928piu.jpg

2jbmaab.jpg

Perfect use for that schwill! Actually depending on the quality of the meat, it might be embarrassed to be smoked in that haze of nasty!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Cooked a BRT pork shoulder roast and a chicken. Thanks to the Pabst, I'll probably be dreaming of Bromley tonight even though I've never skied there.

Cannonball

Why would you taint the PBR thread?????????

Not a big fan of him, listen to this and now i know why!

There is global warming because it is hot outside!

Why would you bring up Global Warming in this PBR thread? I just wanted to post this hilarious video about changing reality with PBR.