The PBR Thread

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The PBR Thread

Cool The PBR Thread

Because it needs its own thread after PBR has appeared in at least two unrelated threads.

Love it? Hate it? Have at it.

And this last one is compliments of our friends at TGR:

Live, Ski, or Die!

Cannonball is no doubt very excited right now

When Puck it offered me a beer after skiing with him at Cannon on 4/19 is said sure, thanks. I would have been fine with a PBR, but the Tuckermans Ale was a nice surprise (thanks again Puck it!). I have paid $4 for craft beers at bars that I would have happily exchanged for a PBR. 3 of the 5 beers on last falls Sunday River Brewery sampler were worse than PBR in my opinion. 4 years ago, I gladly attended $1 PBR night (cans) at a bar in South Carolina and enjoyed my $5 worth. To be honest, PBR is not my cheap favorite, and when I do drink cheaper beer I prefer Yuengling. Stay thirsty my friends! (I always thought that this was the strangest marketing tagline for a beer.)

the whole Powdahol issue has me really going now with my kids, warning another thread shift...
    Last edited by Quietman; Apr 24, 2014 at 12:43 AM.

Cannon's trees are at least as good as Jay's. Anyone who says differently is is a pretentious poser.

So you're saying there's beer in the Cannon woods if you know where to look? Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    Cannon's trees are at least as good as Jay's. Anyone who says differently is is a pretentious poser.
    Dude... Everyone knows Cannon is the PBR of tree skiing...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And sometimes you you have to crawl out of them.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Swill, slightly worse than Bud. I guess if you like Bud and beers of that style it is a cheaper alternative. I would rather pay a few dollars more for something that actually tastes good. Not saying I would turn a free one down if offered though!

I'm old enough to remember purchasing cheap beer in the 1970s at $1.03 a six pack. It was called Blatz...and that was the sound that you made throwing up if you drank too many. Back then in the mid-Atlantic the other cheap beers were Schaefer, Iron City and several others. Milwaukee's Best came on the market soon after. PBR was around then, but if I remember correctly it actually cost more on par with Bud, Schlitz or Miller High Life; i. e., a medium priced American beer. It's funny how so many beers have either disappeared or moved up or down the price scale. Schlitz was huge back then and it's dead or almost dead now. I am not a beer connoisseur, but I downed my share over the years. Often wet and cold was my only criteria. I enjoy the craft brews now like many folks, but would never turn down a free cheap beer if I was in the mood and somebody offered. PBR was never a favorite and it is kind of humorous to me that it now has some kind of "cool" cache. It's funny how those things happen. Of the cheaper widely available beers in my region I guess I would agree with Quietman that Yuengling is my favorite. They say it's the oldest brewery in America, but I never heard of Yuengling before about a dozen years ago.

Are they littered with PBR cans too!?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information