PSA for Nordica Blem Sale

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

PSA for Nordica Blem Sale

They are doing this early this year. Some really great deals.

http://starthaus.com/wordpress/2013/...ski-sale-2013/

Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Thanks. There are some great deals on there.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Unsolicited positive feedback: I bought a pair of Nordica Burner Evos (170cm long x 84mm wide) via this StartHaus blemish sale last summer for $299 with bindings. I bought them as my daily driver/east coast/75% on-piste ski. This is billed as an intermediate level ski and I never demo'd them, but I found the purchase price made all that worth the risk. I probably bought them a little short/underpowered for optimal high speed groomer zooming, but surprisingly they proved to be the best skis I've had in a long time for the bumps. They are very turny and light as a feather compared to some of my older skis. They have a little bit of tip rise and are good in moderate amounts of new/loose snow. I have yet to figure out what was blemished about them. I'm tempted to buy a 100+mm ski via this year's blemish sale for use on trips out west and rare occasions when I get to an eastern hill before it's all groomed out.

ski in action
    Copy of DSCN7036.jpg

Second photo, sunny day, is different ski, old Volant Chubbs!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jimk; May 15, 2014 at 9:14 AM. Reason: correct photo

So did you add to the quiver, Puck it?
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    So did you add to the quiver, Puck it?

Nope. I resisted. It was very difficult at those prices.
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

It was easy to resist considering the extensive revamp that the Nordica line will see next year.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Quote Originally Posted by yeggous View Post
    It was easy to resist considering the extensive revamp that the Nordica line will see next year.

Ah, I was wondering if there was a major design change, hence why these were being dumped.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by yeggous View Post

Some for the worse. They are adding metal to the Hell and Back series.

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Ah, I was wondering if there was a major design change, hence why these were being dumped.

Start Haus does this every year but it is early this year

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

The Hell and Back series is being replaced by the new NRGy series. Their freeride (Soul Rider, Patron etc) series is getting long in the tooth and discounts have been widespread.

Most of these prices are around 50% off MSRP which is relatively easy to find in the spring, especially considering it is a blem sale. I'm not overwhelmed.
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Thread Information