• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

BenedictGomez

Link to Manhattan Miller screening? The website does not list any in the NYC area of New York:

Link below. It's not on the WM website, because it's an independent show.

If you're looking to buy tickets now, go directly to the venue's website (2nd link below).

The promoter's link doesn't have much information, as frankly, the guy who runs this show each year seems pretty disorganized and often doesn't update this link until the movie is practically upon us. Then there was the year when he didn't have the giveaway promised for one of the mountains he said he would. Ugh.... That said, he usually has some good giveaways. Last year he had Sugarbush M-F, Gore early season (I think it expired 01/31/13 IIRC), and Jiminy Peak BOGO (which is admittedly pretty worthless for people living in NYC). I did wind up trading the Jiminy BOGO for a Gore BOGO, so that ended up okay.

http://www.chestnutmtnproductions.com/

http://www.symphonyspace.org/home

steamboat1

Belleayre

Bring a completely empty or a full Coca Cola Product with you on any Wednesday (non-holiday period) to any ticket location to redeem for for $32 Ticket.

Gore

Same deal but the price is $42

Last edited:

xwhaler

Mountain Sports Club sent an email saying their get lift ticket with membership program has started.
NH had Pats, Black Mtn, King Pine for $30 (for limited time also included a Whaleback ticket)

dlague

Mountain Sports Club sent an email saying their get lift ticket with membership program has started.
NH had Pats, Black Mtn, King Pine for $30 (for limited time also included a Whaleback ticket)

I get my Pats Peak and Black Mountain fix (if you want to call it that) with the RSNE tour. Definitely, not a bad deal though!

xwhaler

I may order it and ski Pats/Whaleback for $15/day. At the very least they are both somewhat local :)50 to Pats, 1:15 to Whale) and will be good spots to bring my son for his first season on skis :)

Just ordered my RSNE card about an hour ago!

BenedictGomez

I don't see their Smuggler's Notch for $30 deal yet, but they've added Jay Peak for $40. I usually do the Smugg's $30 deal, but the addition of Jay Peak makes it a tough decision. Either way it gives you the right to unlimited Jay Peak Sun-Friday BOGOs.

Smellytele

I don't see their Smuggler's Notch for $30 deal yet, but they've added Jay Peak for $40. I usually do the Smugg's $30 deal, but the addition of Jay Peak makes it a tough decision. Either way it gives you the right to unlimited Jay Peak Sun-Friday BOGOs.
I already get 50% off with my Pats season pass at Jay(also get 50% off at Dartmouth and Ragged) Would like to get back to Smuggs one of these days

4aprice

I already get 50% off with my Pats season pass at Jay(also get 50% off at Dartmouth and Ragged) Would like to get back to Smuggs one of these days

That's a pretty good perk. A good snow year and Dartmouth (cheap in the first place) and Ragged would be pretty fun. My home bump used to get a freebie at Jay, but I don't think that's available anymore. More areas should make deals like this. Give me 50% off and I'm sure to visit at least once.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlague

I get the same benefit with respect to Jay Peak with The Ride and Ski Card.

dlague

I may order it and ski Pats/Whaleback for $15/day. At the very least they are both somewhat local :)50 to Pats, 1:15 to Whale) and will be good spots to bring my son for his first season on skis :)

Just ordered my RSNE card about an hour ago!

$15 is good! Keeps $ cost average down! :)

We got our RSNE cards already as well.

The weekend tour is shaping up to be even better!

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1411227579.248361.jpg

fahz

Freedom Pass

For those that buy a season pass and ski this area, it seems like it might be a deal to look into....

http://freedomskipass.com/
attachment.php

Why Settle For 1 Fabulously Fun, Friendly Ski Area When You Can Enjoy 6!?
Everyone knows the best way to get the most skiing and riding for the least money is to buy a season pass at a local ski area that offers great snow and great terrain. No question it’s the best deal in skiing.
BUT . . . what if you could (for less than the price of a day ticket at a mega resort), ski 6 different ski areas each with its own unique personality, terrain and challenges. Think of it. Six areas, one ticket, big savings on all your skiing. That’s 28 lifts, 185 trails, 709 skiable acres and 4,717 of vertical. That’s what you get with the Freedom Pass.
Just head to the participating ski area nearest you and upgrade your home mountain’s season pass for just $50!,

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 266

dlague

Ok Ski Ward, McIntyre, and GG would not visit for sure! BV is the best of the bunch with Dartmouth coming in second, not sure of the price but if you are a beginner then I get it otherwise it would get old fast.