• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
Well a pre purchase is a commitment in that respect - I have blown that day off for years now I won't. We have a friggin party organizing on that day - about 16 friends going. Spending $7 in July is not a big deal either way. Like a fart on the wind!

I love your attitude!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

steamboat1

http://www.stowe.com/groups/council/

Looks like they raised the rates substantially, especially for multi- day tickets. If I remember correctly last year was only $69 for a two day ticket & $102 for a three day pass. Also looks like they are only offering deals for three consecutive days next season. In the past they ran one or two five consecutive day appreciation days.

skiNEwhere

It appears Stowe is trying very hard not to be the first NE resort to break the $100 a day mark.....so they are coming up with other ways to increase ticket prices and revenue without making headlines

steamboat1

It appears Stowe is trying very hard not to be the first NE resort to break the $100 a day mark.....so they are coming up with other ways to increase ticket prices and revenue without making headlines

They just raised the walk up rate last year to $98. Historically they raise rates every 2-3 years. I don't think Stowe has a problem breaking the $100 mark, maybe next year, maybe the year after. They do offer a considerable discount to the walk up rate if you purchase your ticket on line ahead of time. I think the on line rate was only $82 last year ( I could be off by a buck or two).

VTKilarney

Burke is offering a free winter lift ticket to volunteers at their Bike and Brew event.

BenedictGomez

Anybody have the email address to get on the Vermont VIP Ski Pass annual distribution?

That's the one no-brainer SOTC deal that I seem to always forget about.

dlague

Anybody have the email address to get on the Vermont VIP Ski Pass annual distribution?

That's the one no-brainer SOTC deal that I seem to always forget about.

Pay attention to this thread and you will be good! That is how I go about it!

dlague

Not necessarily. I know I don't post up the info till after I already secured my coupons. By that time it might already be to late.

Last two years bought them according to the posts on here - I do not check my personal email frequently enough to rely on that!

dlague

Ace website is back up. These are any day use tickets with NO blackouts. Be hard pressed to find a much better deal than these.
http://www.aceskiandboardclub.org/2014-2015-ticket-sale/

BtZl80SCUAEnHvj.png

Just forwarding to this thread! Looks good though!

steamboat1

Last two years bought them according to the posts on here - I do not check my personal email frequently enough to rely on that!
Yeah & I'm the guy who posts it, you can go back & check. I think last year they were sold out before noon (at least the VT. 3 was). There was a clitch last year & you could still order after they sold out but they didn't honor the orders placed after the sell out. If you want to wait for me to post it again that's fine by me since I will have already placed my order. Also I don't get informed about it by e-mail, usually get a post card in the mail. Surprised you don't since you've ordered them before. Last year was the first year of on-line ordering I believe. Previous to that they sent the order form in the mail & you had to be quick to send it back to them with a check to cover your order.