• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

dlague

Am I misremembering, or didn't these sell out lickety-split on the first day last year?

Most underrated woods skiing that I know of.

They did seem to sell out fast last year. Maybe too spread out for some?

I know we really wanted to ski Gore using this last year but never made it (3.5 hours away), we also missed out on MRG of all places (snowboarding son). It was even more attractive this year with Whiteface and Bolton Valley being added, but we opted to skip it this year. Gore is still on our hit list though, someday.

Cornhead

Only 15 Fox cards left, I'm passing on it this year, saving my money to go West, but I'm still tempted. This is the best deal out there for quality/price/variety IMHO. Hurry and snatch one if you can! Better yet get two. Hope gas prices continue to drop, I foresee many $15 powder days at Snow Ridge for me this year.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

BenedictGomez

Better to underbuy than overbuy.

That's about where I'm at now too. With this Fox44 card, plus the upcoming WM film, plus everything else I've bought, my SOTC efforts are CLOSED for business. Not bad for October 28th*.

*Though I'd be lying if I said I wouldnt buy a DECENTE passport if the price was right!

xwhaler

I'm done as well having accumulated the following (just counting the actual vouchers not 2fers)
-RSNE voucher
-Mtn Sports Club (Black NH anytime, Whaleback anytime)
-Warren Miller Movie x2 (Gunstock night pass, Sugarbush Midweek (2), Peaks anytime, Cranmore Jan 9 voucher x2 (their $9 day), Pats Peak midweek
-NH Fisher Cats 2015 Mini Pack (includes a Pats Sun-Fri voucher)
-Fox 44 card

BenedictGomez

Sold out. Amazing how they just BLEW through those remaining passes so quickly. Really a case study in buyer behaviour.

steamboat1

I'm done too. My short list.

K midweek season pass (got the cost down to under $14 a day last season)
2 VT. 3 passes
Ski Club Appreciation Days (no prepurchase required).

dlague

Went light on the deals

The Ride and Ski Card (Saturdays and a few Pico or Jay Peak Sundays)
Ski VT 3 Pass
K-ton Early season 2 fers and regular season 50% off vouchers
Warren Miller vouchers - Sugarbush mid week 2 fer, Gunstock, Smuggs
Boston Winter Film Festival - Sunday River
MRG - Roll Back The Clock Day
Gunstock Night Skiing 2 fer Tuesdays
Cannon Season Pass

bigbog

Pico is $24 on Monday's for 50+
Thurs. ladies & Fri. men for $24

That is great stuff....

Boyne @Sugarloaf is ??(was $39 on StateResident Wednesdays..not shown as yet)...and has no designated age levels except @65+...but caters to college students by charging hardly anything. Upping their $39 State Resident Wednesdays wouldn't surprise me a bit. They have no respect for the non-condo_owner skier. Hope they surprise me...

BenedictGomez

I just grabbed two, been on the fence, but decided to go for it. It's such a great deal, but I've been to most of those places and was tempted to try some new places instead. Anyway, let's see if they come back.

Hah! That's primarily why I posted that, on the off chance someone who posts here was late to the party.

Even if you only use it 4 times it's $37/day, which isnt bad on a Saturday.

Dave157

You can get a nice variety of deals with Vermont Travel Club's card. It costs $49 and get you a variety of deals at Stowe, Sugarbush, Killington, Pico, Stratton, Okemo, Smuggs, Jay Peak, Burke, and Sunday River. For instance, the deal at Stowe is $41 off window. That pays for itself pretty quickly. http://goo.gl/10EsdL