• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

VTKilarney

How did the snow hold up? How crowded is crowded? I have purchased a ticket. Since I am local, I figured it's worth it even if I just use the return voucher.

deadheadskier

Staff member
They had most of the main trails open off the Center of the mountain, even a couple glades.
The line got to 20 minutes on the one chair open. They ended up opening Rosebrook quad, which helped

VTKilarney

Wow, that's definitely more crowded than I was expecting. Thanks for the heads up.

Was coverage on the main trails sufficient?

gmcunni

Free skiing at Mohawk in CT this Sunday

Sunday, March 29, 2015: Lifts will be spinning from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm as we celebrate our annual Customer Appreciation Day with FREE LIFT TICKETS for ALL! Simply stop at any ticket window or Customer Service Station and request your FREE lift ticket! As always, lessons (Snowhawks, group and private) and rentals are available in the lower level of the Main Lodge.

Jcb890

I saw in another thread that Bretton Woods is charging $25 for Lift Tickets this Saturday 3/28. Is that true? Is there any special offer/pass required or is this available to all?

Thanks guys!

Smellytele

It did say you need to be wearing beach attire but it is kind of conflicting stories...

[h=2]2014/15 Lift Ticket Specials[/h] BEACH PARTY: March 28, 2015
During our Annual Beach Party celebration, wear beach attire and ski for just $25!

Beach Party Ticket
Dress in beach attire and pay $25 a day of skiing and the Beach Party! Please note: to take advantage of special online pricing you must complete your purchase at least one day prior to your arrival.

but here doesn't mention that you have to...

[h=2]$25 BEACH PARTY LIFT TICKETS
March 28, 2015[/h] During our Annual Beach Party celebration, lift tickets are just $25! Save time on the mountain and buy your ticket online in advance! Don't forget to arrive in style, sporting your favorite beach attire!

Jcb890

conwayeast & Smellytele - Thank you both very much for the info.

I've never been to Bretton Woods. $25 is awfully enticing. Was planning to go to Mount Snow Sunday for the $36 CSC Appreciation Day, but now I might have to try and do both!!

Jcb890

This was discussed in the Voucher & BOGO thread in regards to Stowe, but does anyone (or any websites) have a list of MOUNTAINS offerings of Ski Council Appreciation days?

I wish I had known about Stowe having one March 20-22! Stowe is doing another Ski Council Appreciation day(s) on April 10-12, which is 2 weeks away.

Is there a website with a list of all mountains' Ski Council Appreciation days? If not, does anyone have all of this information collected somewhere like a spreadsheet?

Jcb890

conwayeast

Have you been to Stowe on one of these days? Is it usually a lot more busy than usual?

Was there this past weekend and it was dead. I usually go in March and most often coincides right around St. Pattys Day. I bet no one will be there in April.