• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

MEtoVTSkier

Don't only certain Irving Gas Stations participate in this? That's what I seem to recall from prior years. I wonder if they'd be willing to accept copies of receipts. I have to turn in the original to get reimbursed for work and it's pretty common for me to fill up my 13 gallon tank 3 times per week. I suppose I could have the station print me an extra copy if need be.

Any Irving as afaik, I save my receipts from all over New England, and copies worked for me on the ones that I had to turn in. At least they did at Burke.

BenedictGomez

Realistically, the ski hill's ticket personnel aren't going to know which Irving gas station's receipt is from a "participating station" versus not.

gmcunni

i thought in prior years you took your receipt into the gas station (if you got at pump) and they gave you a booklet and a sticker for each purchase.. you gave the booklet full of stickers to the ticket person at the hill.

MEtoVTSkier

Now you just need the voucher sheet, and the three receipts...

Also:
*Minimum of 10 gallons needed for each receipt in order to qualify. Qualifying receipts must be dated between December 1st, 2014 and March 31st, 2015. Customers are able to purchase fuel in Canada (minimum 35 litres per receipt) and qualify for the offer. Vouchers will be accepted at ski resorts until April 30th, 2015. See voucher for valid days as there are days of the week the offer is not valid.

Usually the people in one of the Irvings up here just rip off a section of 15-20 vouchers for me off the pad as no one else seems to ask for them.

Participating Ski Resorts:

• Black Mt., ME
  • Lost Valley, ME
  • Mt. Abram, ME
  • Shawnee Peak, ME
  • Saddleback, ME
  • Snow Bowl, ME
  • Pats Peak, NH
  • King Pine, NH
  • Black Mt., NH
  • McIntyre, NH
  • Dartmouth Skiway, NH
  • Nashoba Valley, MA
  • Catamount, MA
  • Ski Bradford, MA
  • Mad River Glen, VT
  • Middlebury, VT
  • Okemo, VT
  • Smuggler Notch, VT
  • Bolton Valley, VT
  • Burke Mountain, VT
  • Jay Peak, VT
  • Mt. Southington, CT
  • Mohawk Mt., CT
  • Owl’s Head, QC

Razor

I wish I could make that trip. I have been wanting to go for years. But I don't think my wife would let me leave for a weekend with two kids under 2

Sure she would if you let her go away for a weekend while you took care of the kids.

gmcunni

I wish I could make that trip. I have been wanting to go for years. But I don't think my wife would let me leave for a weekend with two kids under 2

you could do slopeside condo and hang with them @ lunch and @ night.. but that probably isn't an economical option

gmcunni

$29 Jiminy Peak voucher

email today:

Visit Pedigree Ski Shop to get your $29 Jiminy Peak voucher. Bring a new skier to Pedigree when you come for your voucher and we will give them a free daily rental!! (Deposit required).

Make it a getaway and stay at Jiminy Peak's slopeside Country Inn for $115. Call (800) 882-8859 to reserve this offer and mention the code "115 Pedigree Special." Offer is subject to availability and is valid on stays through December 22, 2014. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion.

Jiminy will open for full time operation on Thursday 12/11. Check www.jiminypeak.com for the latest operating schedule, conditions and trail count.

BOTH OFFERS END 12/22/14. Supplies are limited-so hurry in!!

GET OUT THERE AND SKI!

Travelbug724

I'm from MA and on a tight budget, are there any mountains with enough trails open to make a day trip worth it? Maybe a discount day?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm from MA and on a tight budget, are there any mountains with enough trails open to make a day trip worth it? Maybe a discount day?
What's your idea of "fun"? beginner/intermediate/advanced, type of terrain, challenge? good bar? speed? bumps? yard sales? Midweek? How flexible are you? Need to look at that before we look at deals.

Cornhead

What's your idea of "fun"? beginner/intermediate/advanced, type of terrain, challenge? good bar? speed? bumps? yard sales? Midweek? How flexible are you? Need to look at that before we look at deals.

I like yard sales, as long as I don't get hurt, breaks up the monotony.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2