• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat Mountain Opens for the Summer This Weekend

AlpineZone News

Skiing News
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Pinkham Notch, NH – Wildcat Mountain opens for summer beginning Saturday, May 24 at 10 a.m. offering two major state attractions for the long Memorial Day Weekend including New Hampshire’s only ZipRider zip-line cable ride and the highest scenic gondola in the state, the Wildcat Express. Located in the White Mountain National Forest, Wildcat Mountain... Read the full review »

[h=3]Related posts:[/h]
  1. Wildcat Mountain Begins Summer Operations For Long Memorial Day Weekend
  2. Wildcat Mountain Begins Summer Operations On Long Memorial Day Weekend
  3. Wildcat Begins Summer Operations on Memorial Day Weekend

More...

dlague

How many people drive all the way up there just for two attractions?

i typed with my i thumbs using AlpineZone

Edd

Very few but North Conway is far busier in the summer. It'll just be another option for people that will be up there anyway.

dlague

i typed with my i thumbs using AlpineZone

yeggous

North Conway is a zoo in the summer, and the Mt Washington Auto Road is just down the street.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm assuming it's a permitting issue, but I'd imagine Wildcat would kill it if they offered lift serviced mountain biking. I don't ride, but I'd imagine Wildcat would be about as good as it gets in the east for a lift serviced MTB venue with the views of Washington across the way.

dlague

I'm assuming it's a permitting issue, but I'd imagine Wildcat would kill it if they offered lift serviced mountain biking. I don't ride, but I'd imagine Wildcat would be about as good as it gets in the east for a lift serviced MTB venue with the views of Washington across the way.

very true!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
The only place I ever went lift served mountain biking was Mount Snow. Besides kingdom trails / Burke, what else is really outstanding for lift served mt biking?

yeggous

very true!

I think that often these permitting concerns are overblown.

The bigger issue that I can see is cannibalizing their business at Attitash which already offers lift-serviced mountain biking. I think they would rather have the business there where they have more opportunities to collect incidental revenue from other activities, food, and lodging.

I am more excited about the pictures of new snowmaking pipe that they've posted. I am a bit concerned that there has been no announcement of the snowmaking upgrades with the season pass deadline looming. It makes me think that the lender approval issue might be a bigger issue than previously suggested.

deadheadskier

Staff member
True, it might take some MTB business from Attitash. I just think if they've got the Gondola running, why not let people take their bikes up the lift? I can't imagine it would cost all that much to put bike racks on the cabins.

steamboat1

Highlands

Killington
Sugarbush runs the Superbravo lift for biking during the summer also.

Killington is expanding their biking terrain this summer to include new trails in the Snowshed area for beginners. They also plan to run the Snowshed chair on weekends this year to access this new terrain. This in addition to the biking trails accessed off the K-1 gondola which runs 7 days a week.