Skiing expedition to Muzstagh-ata (7546m, Western China, non-technical) - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLSKIING View Post
    25,000 feet is just below the death zone.....sleeping is even tough.
    Well... the most comfortable sleeping is downhill in your own bed, isnīt it?

To the subject: we do not sleep in the camp 3 which is 6800m, as itīs too cold and might be too windy there. We do a climb of more than 1200 m (from the camp 2 on 6300m) in one day, roughly 10 hrs walk up.

This sounds like a similar trip.
    http://www.summitclimb.com/new/default.asp?vid=86
    Interesting or maybe not that the exact same photo posted above is on this linked page.Is this the same expedition?
    Last edited by SIKSKIER; Jul 1, 2014 at 12:08 PM.
    SIKSKIER

Quote Originally Posted by SIKSKIER View Post
    This sounds like a similar trip.
    http://www.summitclimb.com/new/default.asp?vid=86
    Doesnīt seem similar to me. This company offers an ascent, as quite few companies do in Kashgar and abroad. And quite expensive one (thatīs common for foreign companies). I work with local agencies, which headquarters are in Kashgar and Bishkek, and they charge less.
    What we offer is a tour and it includes Kyrgyzstan. They offer just an ascent.

Quote Originally Posted by Genius-tutelaris View Post
    As I wrote in the post, Iīm busy gathering a group of people for this expedition. So thereīs nothing odd you can see it on other related forums.
    The odd thing is that I've spent a lot of time on message boards like this and have never seen a post like this looking for people to sign up for an expedition.

Got it.Just looked over your Facebook page.You are one interesting woman traveling afar on many adventures.Many languages spoken and it seems a love of flying with the birds!Keep dreaming big!
    SIKSKIER

Quote Originally Posted by from_the_NEK View Post
    The odd thing is that I've spent a lot of time on message boards like this and have never seen a post like this looking for people to sign up for an expedition.
    Well, each thing happens for the first time, right? Why I do it this way - this expedition is not a permanent product of some company. Itīs just a single trip. Even though itīs not absolutely unique (thereīre similar offers from local agencies), this itinerary was combined just for one group in August. I donīt think we gonna repeat it. Myself, I work in Kyrgyzstan on the Sil Road. My friend-uigur is a guide on Muztagh-ata. As thereīs little time till August, I use different means to spread information around.

Quote Originally Posted by SIKSKIER View Post
    Got it.Just looked over your Facebook page.You are one interesting woman traveling afar on many adventures.Many languages spoken and it seems a love of flying with the birds!Keep dreaming big!
    Thank you for that, I really appreciate your opinion If you wanna join us, drop me a message Stay safe and wonderful adventures!

Quote Originally Posted by Genius-tutelaris View Post
    Thank you for that, I really appreciate your opinion If you wanna join us, drop me a message Stay safe and wonderful adventures!
    I can dream but in reality this adventure is beyond what my 50 something body is up for.Sometimes one must live some things through others eyes.I have just viewed a little through yours.Thanks for doing that.

SIKSKIER

Thread Information