What the heck is going on at Magic? - Page 236

AlpineZone

Page 236 of 341 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 3405
  1. #2351
    Quote Originally Posted by UYSDYP View Post
    Fb says counterweight tomorrow, not necessarily inspection. I just want to know if we'll be skiing on Sat or not.
    Good point. I may have interpreted the post incorrectly. I assumed that it meant that the chair was being inspected, but it probably means that the counterweight is being attended to tomorrow. If that is indeed the case, that would leave precious little time for a lift inspection.

  2. #2352
    Quote Originally Posted by UYSDYP View Post
    Fb says counterweight tomorrow, not necessarily inspection. I just want to know if we'll be skiing on Sat or not.
    While the lift not being inspected is certainly a concern for the upcoming weekend, I think the more pressing question is will they have made enough snow. No snowmaking temps for the today, tomorrow & Friday during daytime hours. Hopefully they can get enough made in the overnight windows in this time

  3. #2353
    Quote Originally Posted by UYSDYP View Post
    Fb says counterweight tomorrow, not necessarily inspection. I just want to know if we'll be skiing on Sat or not.
    First in regards to the counterweight/inspection it is very possible the rest of the lift has already been inspected and the counterweight is just the last piece. If so, even though a tight timeline, it is not impossible to have it certified by the weekend.

    That said, no way they get a skiable path from the summit by the weekend. They should just come out and say it now.


  4. #2354
    MEtoVTSkier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aroostook County, ME
    Posts
    1,000
    Can't imagine any of the emergency systems were inspected/tested if the counterweight wasn't ready.

  5. #2355
    Quote Originally Posted by mtl1076 View Post
    That said, no way they get a skiable path from the summit by the weekend. They should just come out and say it now.
    If that is indeed the case, then they should say so as soon as possible. Keeping people on the hook until the last minute won't make things better. The good news is that this weekend may not be a good weekend for skiing anyway. But we're getting awfully far into the year to have a ski area remain closed.

  6. #2356
    Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    Can't imagine any of the emergency systems were inspected/tested if the counterweight wasn't ready.
    Depends. If they just needed to get it a little higher there is no reason you couldn't run through the rest of the checks and inspect the line. Roll backs, stopping distances, fire extinguishers, communications, signage, etc. can all be done. It is not uncommon to call for an inspection and end up with a list of items to fix. Then the inspector comes back after the list has been completed and does a final. I have no idea what has or hasn't been done. I'm just saying its possible.

  7. #2357
    Hey MagicSales ....we love you and we love Magic.

    The Ski Till I Die guys are already planning on coming out Feb 5th weekend and March 11th (tentatively)... snow or no snow.

    You know what... we dont even care if we ski! Thats right, RustyGroomer, is the bar open? No? Well shit, Parking Lot bar it is!

  8. #2358
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski Till I Die View Post
    Hey MagicSales ....we love you and we love Magic.

    The Ski Till I Die guys are already planning on coming out Feb 5th weekend and March 11th (tentatively)... snow or no snow.

    You know what... we dont even care if we ski! Thats right, RustyGroomer, is the bar open? No? Well shit, Parking Lot bar it is!
    Let me know if you need a place to crash. We don't have a ball pit, but it's close enough to stumble home.

  9. #2359
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    Let me know if you need a place to crash. We don't have a ball pit, but it's close enough to stumble home.
    Hahaha be careful what you wish for...

  10. #2360
    maybe tom thought the lift inspector wouldn't notice insufficient ctw or carriage? or maybe doesn't realize the implications of the cwt/carriage bumping into something on an e-stop? or maybe he thought the inspector would let it slide? how did the evac demo go?

    am still planning on skiing there, a big fan.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:55 AM.