• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2014-2015 Winter Forecast (here we go)

dlague

Well this might put a damper on things on Christmas Eve and the weekend following! I want these warm pushes to stop!

christmas eve.jpg

Now

xmaseve.jpg

4aprice

Well this might put a damper on things on Christmas Eve and the weekend following! I want these warm pushes to stop!

attachment.php

Now

attachment.php

Some are saying this is what we really do want. Storm like this has potential to change pattern (if you can believe it) to a better pattern for the northeast. Just hope its a cold rain that adds moisture to the snowpack more then melts it. Good cold and snowmaking weather await on the other side. Natural snow is a more hit and miss thing but I think it comes. Surfaces may get hard for the holidays.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

yeggous

The forecast for Christmas Eve is not going to change. The ensemble spread has been amazingly low for days. It's rare to get such a confident long-range forecast.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I guess things got a little scratchy overnight. Jay is skiing like a dream I'm told. I'm probably going skiing on Monday, before the holiday blackouts and the rain show comes.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Wx Discussion from 12/13

This discussion is pretty good. It's 6 days old, but it provides a good overview of what is going on. He does a good job of tying all the models together and explaining their faults and the risks entailed. I believe a new one will come out tomorrow/Saturday late

Savemeasammy

I guess things got a little scratchy overnight. Jay is skiing like a dream I'm told. I'm probably going skiing on Monday, before the holiday blackouts and the rain show comes.

I believe many of the blackouts START on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk