Jay Peak bombshell - Page 121

AlpineZone

Page 121 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1421
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    the SEC seemed to "clear" him relatively, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt somewhat.
    I think you're too kind.

It's routine in matters like this to let the smaller fish go if its' necessary to catch the trophy fish. This may well be such a case; time will tell.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Like I said, it is all relative. But we don't have anything else to go on.

I would continue your "he would have to be the biggest moron alive" to be as publicly brazen about the whole effort if he really knew the extent of the scam right?
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

TB would be a good one to answer that also. In other fields (like real estate) its legal to represent both parties. Divorces sometimes also.

The liability would be on the attorney though here wouldn't it, not Stenger/Jay?
    If it is ethical (big if), it must be disclosed and consented to. That did not appear to happen here.

TB would be a good one to answer that also. In other fields (like real estate) its legal to represent both parties. Divorces sometimes also.

The liability would be on the attorney though here wouldn't it, not Stenger/Jay?
    While it may technically allowed, the best practice is not to even go there.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Like I said, it is all relative. But we don't have anything else to go on.

I would continue your "he would have to be the biggest moron alive" to be as publicly brazen about the whole effort if he really knew the extent of the scam right?
    To claim ignorance is the lesser of two evils. Even if it means you look like a buffoon.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

That is certainly true, he could just be covering his ass.

I'm just as much a skeptic of the SEC as Benedict, but they seemed to think he was a bit player in the whole thing ultimately. It's what I have to go on currently.

Just to be clear, none of this changes the ultimate effect on the community, but given Stenger had already put in decades of effort furthering Jay's cause (if I remember correctly he came with Jay and the Quiros didn't hire him?), and I think proved he legitimately cared about the NEK and the ski areas, I continue to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

That is certainly true, he could just be covering his ass.

I'm just as much a skeptic of the SEC as Benedict, but they seemed to think he was a bit player in the whole thing ultimately. It's what I have to go on currently.

Just to be clear, none of this changes the ultimate effect on the community, but given Stenger had already put in decades of effort furthering Jay's cause (if I remember correctly he came with Jay and the Quiros didn't hire him?), and I think proved he legitimately cared about the NEK and the ski areas, I continue to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Bill graduated from Syracuse (I think) and then went to work for Jack Frost in PA before coming to Jay in the early 1980's to work for MSSI. He had some ownership in the mountain when MSSI sold it to Q in 2008.

So Jay was pretty much his life. He still "consults" for the receiver.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

He was promised ownership. I don’t think that Q ever gave him some.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    He was promised ownership. I don’t think that Q ever gave him some.
    He had an ownership interest BEFORE Q with MSSI. A small piece, but a piece.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information