Jay Peak bombshell - Page 121

AlpineZone

Page 121 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1421
  1. #1201
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    the SEC seemed to "clear" him relatively, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt somewhat.
    I think you're too kind.

    It's routine in matters like this to let the smaller fish go if its' necessary to catch the trophy fish. This may well be such a case; time will tell.

    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  2. #1202
    Like I said, it is all relative. But we don't have anything else to go on.

    I would continue your "he would have to be the biggest moron alive" to be as publicly brazen about the whole effort if he really knew the extent of the scam right?
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

  3. #1203
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    TB would be a good one to answer that also. In other fields (like real estate) its legal to represent both parties. Divorces sometimes also.

    The liability would be on the attorney though here wouldn't it, not Stenger/Jay?
    If it is ethical (big if), it must be disclosed and consented to. That did not appear to happen here.

  4. #1204
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,479
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    TB would be a good one to answer that also. In other fields (like real estate) its legal to represent both parties. Divorces sometimes also.

    The liability would be on the attorney though here wouldn't it, not Stenger/Jay?
    While it may technically allowed, the best practice is not to even go there.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  5. #1205
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,479
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Like I said, it is all relative. But we don't have anything else to go on.

    I would continue your "he would have to be the biggest moron alive" to be as publicly brazen about the whole effort if he really knew the extent of the scam right?
    To claim ignorance is the lesser of two evils. Even if it means you look like a buffoon.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  6. #1206
    That is certainly true, he could just be covering his ass.

    I'm just as much a skeptic of the SEC as Benedict, but they seemed to think he was a bit player in the whole thing ultimately. It's what I have to go on currently.

    Just to be clear, none of this changes the ultimate effect on the community, but given Stenger had already put in decades of effort furthering Jay's cause (if I remember correctly he came with Jay and the Quiros didn't hire him?), and I think proved he legitimately cared about the NEK and the ski areas, I continue to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

  7. #1207
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,479
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    That is certainly true, he could just be covering his ass.

    I'm just as much a skeptic of the SEC as Benedict, but they seemed to think he was a bit player in the whole thing ultimately. It's what I have to go on currently.

    Just to be clear, none of this changes the ultimate effect on the community, but given Stenger had already put in decades of effort furthering Jay's cause (if I remember correctly he came with Jay and the Quiros didn't hire him?), and I think proved he legitimately cared about the NEK and the ski areas, I continue to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Bill graduated from Syracuse (I think) and then went to work for Jack Frost in PA before coming to Jay in the early 1980's to work for MSSI. He had some ownership in the mountain when MSSI sold it to Q in 2008.

    So Jay was pretty much his life. He still "consults" for the receiver.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  8. #1208
    He was promised ownership. I don’t think that Q ever gave him some.

  9. #1209

  10. #1210
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,479
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    He was promised ownership. I don’t think that Q ever gave him some.
    He had an ownership interest BEFORE Q with MSSI. A small piece, but a piece.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:00 AM.