• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak bombshell

Edd

Deleted, didn’t realize the New Yorker article was already posted here.

Last edited:

TyWebb

Just got back from my 5 day trip with 2 at Jay - what an awesome mountain and a great vibe. No fesh snow but what a fun, diverse mountain - girls did well and my son and I had a blast.

No fresh snow so just hit all the blues trees. Friday was solid spring conditions but Sat was windy and only lower 2 lifts open so we skied half the day lower mountain. Will def make this a yearly trip and hopefully get some fresh snow next time

Thanks for all the insight last week

Newpylong

Back to Jay. Why did the Bonny go in on a new alignment whent he double went up higher and looker's left (wind)? Would a new detachable go to the original terminus one would hope?

jimmywilson69

I believe that the plan for the Bonnie 6 was to follow the old line and go to the top so you could easily flop over to the Jet side

AdironRider

You can already get to the Jet from the current Bonnie configuration?

Whatever they do, I hope they take into account wind. The flyer is a constant wind hold nightmare (tram as well but I suspect there is more to it than that) and to have the same problems with the Bonnie would be a bummer.

snoseek

You can already get to the Jet from the current Bonnie configuration?

Whatever they do, I hope they take into account wind. The flyer is a constant wind hold nightmare (tram as well but I suspect there is more to it than that) and to have the same problems with the Bonnie would be a bummer.
I was thinking the same thing. That chair has saved the day on probably half my visits to jay.