• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak bombshell

BenedictGomez

I'm still worried Ariel Quiros is a flight risk.

The guy is a global traveler with multi-national connections who I strongly suspect has hidden illegal money in tough to find places, and 100% knows he's going to be found guilty in a court of law.

Jcb890

In Vietnam and China.

Kind of a worrying quote, as it suggests he doesn't seem to understand how the EB-5 program works. Well highlights the complete and bogus fraud of "indirect jobs" that I've been speaking about for years though.

That quote you posted is quite ridiculous and insane. Just because you purchase a cheapo bedsheet or alarm clock, doesn't mean you are creating jobs. Those items are being made either way.

Maybe we can all get special EB-5 funding to go out and purchase new automobiles since people had to be employed to build those cars. Haha, friggin' insane!

KustyTheKlown

last friday i saw jay tix on liftopia were $47 for this coming saturday. a buddy and me were debating sugarbush v. jay, and when i saw the price i said 'let's just do it'. an hour later they post that post about the flyer and tram. ugh. the upside is that if they get their act together and the flyer goes up on saturday morning, it could be absolutely epic to have the first tramside lift access. the downside is (obviously) that i may be driving 6 hours to ski the damn jet all day. if that happens, i am buying skins and putting my touring bindings to real use for the first time, and i'll also probably ski the dip for the first time at least once. hoping for the flyer, but ready to make lemonade.

got a cheap hotel in stowe saturday night and will end up at sugarbush, pico, or k on sunday so long as the weather holds.

LONGBOARDR

last friday i saw jay tix on liftopia were $47 for this coming saturday. a buddy and me were debating sugarbush v. jay, and when i saw the price i said 'let's just do it'. an hour later they post that post about the flyer and tram. ugh. the upside is that if they get their act together and the flyer goes up on saturday morning, it could be absolutely epic to have the first tramside lift access. the downside is (obviously) that i may be driving 6 hours to ski the damn jet all day. if that happens, i am buying skins and putting my touring bindings to real use for the first time, and i'll also probably ski the dip for the first time at least once. hoping for the flyer, but ready to make lemonade.

got a cheap hotel in stowe saturday night and will end up at sugarbush, pico, or k on sunday so long as the weather holds.

Hope you had fun at Jay, last few days have been amazing regardless of uphill capacity.
Please come back, stay longer and drop some coin at the local stores, shops, restaurants.

TY

KustyTheKlown

Hope you had fun at Jay, last few days have been amazing regardless of uphill capacity.
Please come back, stay longer and drop some coin at the local stores, shops, restaurants.

TY

Going this weekend. I bought a ticket for this coming Saturday, last friday, to lock in the $47 price ($42 with a credit). Now praying for the flyer

LONGBOARDR

Going this weekend. I bought a ticket for this coming Saturday, last friday, to lock in the $47 price ($42 with a credit). Now praying for the flyer

Sorry, I missed the timing of your trip.
I heard flyer will be up by end of the week Thursday-Friday. they have totally bombed the tramside with snow making and were starting to slay whales today when i rolled through the base. Your timing will be good, more snow forecasted and cold dress warm.
I did a skin up northway this pm and found clean lines and some waist deep pow going down to tramside base.
Have fun

Zermatt

What's the tram status? Is it going to open this weekend and during a big early snow year would it normally be open this weekend?

I understand that while they are fixing it the quad should be closed, but if its not being worked on what is the risk to the quad? Also, there is a really easy fix for this problem...run the tram all year. Even if just a few times a day when they know it is icing to prevent and large build ups.

I'm guessing the only people that know how to fix it have to be flown in from Europe.

LONGBOARDR

What's the tram status? Is it going to open this weekend and during a big early snow year would it normally be open this weekend?

I understand that while they are fixing it the quad should be closed, but if its not being worked on what is the risk to the quad? Also, there is a really easy fix for this problem...run the tram all year. Even if just a few times a day when they know it is icing to prevent and large build ups.

I'm guessing the only people that know how to fix it have to be flown in from Europe.

I have not heard anything on the tram as far as a run start.
Tram folks are onsite working on it, I would not count on it this weekend IMO.
I heard sat is now flyer start time.
It just keeps on snowing, another half foot solid last night and very light.
its like mid Feb here on a good snow year, no BS.
tramside is all filled in with clean lines short hikes-skins are worth it

Have fun and drive safely

SIKSKIER

It seems puzzling that while most northern areas are running at almost 100% open,Jay has less than 50% while getting about as much snow as the rest of the NVT areas.

Zermatt

It seems puzzling that while most northern areas are running at almost 100% open,Jay has less than 50% while getting about as much snow as the rest of the NVT areas.

They have been getting at least as much snow as the other northern areas (but not as much as they say they have been). But that is par for the course.

Without a tram and other key lifts you can't open more terrain, you can't get to it.

Even so, they should have more open. With 100"+ of natural snow that is more than enough to open the entire mountain. Places out west with large rock fields are usually well covered after 100" has fallen. Eastern areas need much less.

dlague

I am not seeing anything open 100% Stowe is at 75% and there are reports that some will open more terrain on Friday.

vtlist.jpg

benski

100" in the east includes wha melted. In Binghamton we have had about 3 feet of snow so far and there is still exposed grass. Sugarbush sounds really confident they will be 100% this weekend. On Skimrv win has not chimed in but the prevailing theory is Opening gate house with just natural trails is a bad idea due to it being largely beginner terrain. I also an express quad servicing 3 natural snow trails might not be a good idea.

fbrissette

They have been getting at least as much snow as the other northern areas (but not as much as they say they have been). But that is par for the course.

Without a tram and other key lifts you can't open more terrain, you can't get to it.

Even so, they should have more open. With 100"+ of natural snow that is more than enough to open the entire mountain. Places out west with large rock fields are usually well covered after 100" has fallen. Eastern areas need much less.

I have skinned up and skied most areas at Jay the past 2 weekends. I haven't skied face chute but otherwise it is definitely 100% skiable. The dip has been skied regularly already. There is four feet (a full ski pole) on the ground in Beaver.

fbrissette

That was my balcony last Friday. Some of the stuff is windblown, but this is the most rapidly accumulated snow in my seven years there.image.jpg

KustyTheKlown

starting to feel nervous about the flyer. they seemed to have dialed back the optimism on the saturday estimate.

KustyTheKlown

in response to someone's comment on their facebook pic post from about an hour ago, jay said that the flyer will be running saturday. no maybe. no hedging. so i'm now more optimistic than nervous.

LONGBOARDR

in response to someone's comment on their facebook pic post from about an hour ago, jay said that the flyer will be running saturday. no maybe. no hedging. so i'm now more optimistic than nervous.

get there early, you won't regret it
Today was amazing both lift served and skinned terrain

KustyTheKlown

yep. plan is to leave work ASAP tomorrow, scoop buddy, drive to buddy's mom's house in plattsburgh, leave platts by 5:30/6 to hit jay by 8