• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak bombshell

KustyTheKlown

CA685DDA-2483-464C-966F-88D44B6268AA.pngjay provides! The quality of the tree skiing today was way better than I expected it to be. Great day. Tram side is basically cooked. I hit jfk but it was probably meant to be closed. The runout is not passable without lots of walking. Valhalla and canyon land were poached. I’d recommend Valhalla if you are cool navigating a very narrow slice of Vermonter to access it

Hope the r holds off at loaf tmrw til lunchtime.

JPTracker

I did say it was a rumor. I still believe Jay has been sold to an investment firm. Maybe they postponed the announcement due to Bill's sentence.

fbrissette

I did say it was a rumor. I still believe Jay has been sold to an investment firm. Maybe they postponed the announcement due to Bill's sentence.
The timing would have definitely sucked for sure. At some point they will have to sell, for whatever the market offers. Can't be run by the general receiver forever.

JPTracker

The timing would have definitely sucked for sure. At some point they will have to sell, for whatever the market offers. Can't be run by the general receiver forever.
Rumor update:
Latest is it was down to two investment firms, they had decided on one of them but then one of the bidders who dropped out due to covid now wants to enter a bid so everything is on hold to reconsider this third bid.

KustyTheKlown

i dont have any inside information or anything but i am pretty sure vail was eliminated from the running here quite a long time ago, and i am fairly confident that its not vail

i'd love for it to be boyne, but will be happy with anything that keeps it independent or ikon partner status not full access. i wouldn't necessarily complain if the buyer was alterra and jay became full ikon, but i am not rooting for that outcome at all

Edd

i dont have any inside information or anything but i am pretty sure vail was eliminated from the running here quite a long time ago, and i am fairly confident that its not vail

i'd love for it to be boyne, but will be happy with anything that keeps it independent or ikon partner status not full access. i wouldn't necessarily complain if the buyer was alterra and jay became full ikon, but i am not rooting for that outcome at all
I guess I'm not rooting for it either but you'd be a happy camper living anywhere from No. VT to Montreal with Sugarbush and Tremblant in the mix.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I guess I'm not rooting for it either but you'd be a happy camper living anywhere from No. VT to Montreal with Sugarbush and Tremblant in the mix.
The only comment I will make about Alterra buying Jay, and having it as an unlimited IKON destination, is "be careful what you wish for."

KustyTheKlown

The only comment I will make about Alterra buying Jay, and having it as an unlimited IKON destination, is "be careful what you wish for."

i hear you, but in sleepy little jay vermont i am not really all that worried. i also specifically don't wish for this outcome, but i don't fear it.

sugarbush is more accessible than jay and hasn't been overwhelmed.

stratton is as accessible as it gets and it hasn't been that bad, tho i know better than to avoid it on certain days, and to always avoid the main base area from 9:30-1 on a weekend

jay is in the middle of fucking nowhere. close to the montreal metro but I'm not too worried.

my preference is still for ikon partner status 5/7