Jay Peak bombshell - Page 146

AlpineZone

Page 146 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1468

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    misdirecting your feelings towards individuals that is using a government program to legally enter this county and become a citizen is bullshit.
    Quite!

Perhaps they should have paid a fraction of that $500K to some smugglers and they can cross the Rio Grande in style. Why bother doing it legally?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcb890 View Post
    I guess I should have said 'investing' rather than 'donating'. But, the point still stands.

I don't necessarily disagree with trailboss that those folks who did invest got screwed. However, when you're basically just paying cash for a green card, I don't really feel bad about it going belly-up.
    Not saying it's 'OK', but I'm also not going to lose sleep over it or feel bad. I'm sure many others feel the same way, which is I think what trailboss was saying.
    FWIW a lot of the investors have NOT gotten a green card yet because of Q's fraud and inability to create the requisite number of jobs.

Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Quite!

Perhaps they should have paid a fraction of that $500K to some smugglers and they can cross the Rio Grande in style. Why bother doing it legally?
    Thats good. LOL

I think I didn't articulate myself well previously...

I am in no way OK with the fraud and agree with them being persecuted, etc. I fundamentally don't agree with the EB-5 program itself I guess which just allows rich people to essentially buy a green card. Anyone who gave $500k is probably more mad about being defrauded out of a green card than they miss that $500k.

All that said... nobody deserves to lose any amount of money due to fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by mister moose View Post
    The State picking winners in the EB-5 sweepstakes of cheap easy capital.
    Precisely; the whole thing is artificial monkeying with markets, which never ends well. And in this case, handing Jay Peak $500 MILLION is a massive competitive advantage that not everyone can enjoy. The entire thing is BS, even without the massive fraud.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

I heard tonight from a fairly reliable source that Vail was never interested in Jay and that Alterra has pulled out.

PWDR?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using AlpineZone mobile app
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

EB-5 was always a scam

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    PWDR?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using AlpineZone mobile app
    That’s all my source would tell me.

They did just pick up a new place. Plus, they had 180 million sitting in the bank.

Thread Information