• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak bombshell

thetrailboss

Staff member

BenedictGomez

A birthday party for Bill Stenger, held at Jay Peak.

The lack of self-awareness these people demonstrate is truly mind-boggling.

BenedictGomez

“I never asked for quarterly financial reports when I worked as director because if you can’t get an audit done, you know, what are the chances of getting a quarterly report?” - B. Raymond

AdironRider

Exactly. How dare VTD question what happens up there. ;)

Well it seems kinda petty and somewhat slanderous when they bury the fact that Jay isn't paying for it 8 paragraphs in.

I mean, does the guy have to move before he can show his face anywhere again? He's paid his debt right?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well it seems kinda petty and somewhat slanderous when they bury the fact that Jay isn't paying for it 8 paragraphs in.

I mean, does the guy have to move before he can show his face anywhere again? He's paid his debt right?

Has he? Has there been a criminal proceeding?

And there is nothing there that is not true. There is no slander.

And the article makes it clear that they could not figure out who was paying for it.

Also, I agree with the statement that there is little or no self-awareness on the part of the folks up there.

VTKilarney

It is bad optics, plain and simple. Jay Peak, under Stenger's watch, victimized a LOT of people. Yes, the development is a good thing. But there was a price that was paid for that development.

thetrailboss

Staff member
It is bad optics, plain and simple. Jay Peak, under Stenger's watch, victimized a LOT of people. Yes, the development is a good thing. But there was a price that was paid for that development.

Agreed. I get that Stenger's life was Jay Peak, but sometimes one needs to use some discretion.

LONGBOARDR

Agreed. I get that Stenger's life was Jay Peak, but sometimes one needs to use some discretion.

Jay got 1/2 foot at base, more higher.
Hiked for turns, definitely a work out, but was a lot of fun.
Sun peeked out at noon time.
Snow makers are about and will be running guns tonight.

Stoked for a great year at Jay!

Stop the press! Toss all that EB-5 stuff, this is really important news. One of my astute relatives has noticed a disturbing update to the Jay Peak trail map. The much loved (and occasionally hated) run Powerline has been renamed. THIS is a bombshell. The upper section is now called "601" and the lower section is ""Micky." Over-reacting as usual, I posted a query on the JPR Facebook page and got a quick reply from Steve Wright:

601 was Peg (Doheny’s) call number on the radio since the dawn of radio (well 43 yrs). Micky refers to Micky Doheny and his 45 years. The only way to travel the whole of the former, and blithely named if benign, Powerline, is to ride 601 to Micky. This line, incidentally, is something that was transmitted over the radio thousands of times over their 80 aggregated year career as Peg seemed to be forever wondering about Mick’s whereabouts. Given it was Peg’s fave trail, we thought the rename to be proper.

And after my suggestion for an interpretive plaque, this:

We have a nice story on the last page of the mag for starters and a bunch other things planned incl the plaque.

tnt1234

Not tying to start a political argument, but anyone find Stenger's speech pattern in the court transcripts similar to trumps? I was reading som transcripts related to today's news and they reminded my of Stenger.

BenedictGomez

Not tying to start a political argument

magic-8-ball.jpg