• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak bombshell

Website
www.nebackcountry.blogspot.com
Like maybe there's a familial dog in the fight somewhere or something.

Now I'm in on the conspiracy! Leave it to you. Sometimes you remind me of the crazy uncle at Thanksgiving that insists Obama was born in Kenya and Israel is responsible for 9-11. That said, I do appreciate when you bring facts or insights to the discussion. The analysis over in the thread on Peak is a good example. I can respect that. Not the nutty conspiracy stuff though.

My dog in the fight is the state of Vermont. I think that the unsupported allegations of fraud ultimately hurt future investment in the State. I for one would like to see them finish the work they've started at Burke. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I see some evidence that suggest anything other than a run of the mill dispute between two parties to a contract. What those (few) investors are doing is straight from the business litigation playbook. What I won't do is go around trashing the reputations of the folks who work at the Center and Jay- without something more concrete.

And before you accuse me of being a fanboy for the Q family, go over to the Burke thread and read what I think about Jr and his business judgment. He's taken some concrete steps and said things that make it pretty clear he doesn't have a clue how to handle public relations. In a perfect world, I'd like to see the investment continue, but with someone else at the helm. The way they've treated the locals is atrocious, and bodes poorly for what are likely going to be future decisions that more broadly affect the community.

And I think there's a difference between being critical and critical thinking. I haven't heard any of you propose how to improve the program (despite specifically asking) and instead seem intent on tearing it down.

I know BD wants to shut it down, but what do you others think? Do you want to shut down the center and end EB-5 investment in VT?

fbrissette

Geez, Now we are going to have the horse-people and the dog-people going at it!

This is going to end up in a political debate. Educate me in US politics. The horse-people are the democrats or the republicans ? Romney is a horse person is he ? But is he really a republican ?

thetrailboss

Staff member
This is going to end up in a political debate. Educate me in US politics. The horse-people are the democrats or the republicans ? Romney is a horse person is he ? But is he really a republican ?

Just pay $500k to me and I will fill you in 😉

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

VTKilarney

The most recent edition of Ski East magazine has an interview with Stenger. It's the same old "so many more great things are coming" type interview that we have seen before.

Has construction started on the AnC Bio plant? They were supposed to start this fall. PeakCM is hiring, so at least some things seem to be moving along.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Newport City told Stenger that the Renaissance Block has to start or that Stenger has to install fire suppression in the vacant building. They are opting for the former.

VTKilarney

So if they don't have enough funds to proceed their gift to the town of Newport will be a large hole downtown?