Jay Peak bombshell - Page 36

AlpineZone

Page 36 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 1323
  1. #351
    God forbid anybody ask for an explanation beyond "VT Digger says it is so" with you three. It's not that I don't understand what the VT Digger articles have said, its that I question their conclusions.

    You claim "There's zero oversight!" In response I lay out four layers of oversight. You counter with "we've covered this already". Really? Did we?

    You point out "VT Digger says they were cheerleaders", I respond that it appears this is based on two emails. And you counter with "You obviously don't get it." And you're right, I don't. If the Center is only acting as a cheerleader, how is it that they could only come up with two emails to support that conclusion? What about the other 300+? Were they talking about skiing? (Kinda like the inverse of this thread)

    You claim, "The investors were duped", I respond by pointing out that everything Jay did was spelled out in the contract to which you accuse me of being a Ma-hole.

    You claim there must be some undiscovered fraud because of the amount of money at stake and the fact they haven't moved forward with all projects on their original schedule. I point out USCIS reviews the financial information for each and every investor three years into the project- including bank records. Something none of you have mentioned. I point out that in addition to invoices and receipts the company provides bank records AND all that information gets reviewed by the attorneys for the investors. I also point out that all of the projects as of two years ago are audited. You respond by saying invoices and receipts could be forged. Yeah, okay... but how about the bank records? Please explain how those are forged. And how about the ongoing audits? How could money from the newer projects be "ponzi'd" over to the older ones? Your response is to completely ignore these facts and again say that I just don't get it.



    That's not going in circles. That's going down a bunch of dead end streets.

  2. #352
    Hey at least you aren't posting up thinly veiled promotions for your own website anymore. Baby steps.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

  3. #353
    fbrissette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montreal/Jay Peak
    Posts
    1,469
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Hey at least you aren't posting up thinly veiled promotions for your own website anymore. Baby steps.

    Tough crowd...

  4. #354
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    6,821
    Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    Tough crowd...
    Sometimes the truth hurts
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

  5. #355
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,347
    Quote Originally Posted by noreasterbackcountry View Post
    God forbid anybody ask for an explanation beyond "VT Digger says it is so" with you three. It's not that I don't understand what the VT Digger articles have said, its that I question their conclusions.

    You claim "There's zero oversight!" In response I lay out four layers of oversight. You counter with "we've covered this already". Really? Did we?

    You point out "VT Digger says they were cheerleaders", I respond that it appears this is based on two emails. And you counter with "You obviously don't get it." And you're right, I don't. If the Center is only acting as a cheerleader, how is it that they could only come up with two emails to support that conclusion? What about the other 300+? Were they talking about skiing? (Kinda like the inverse of this thread)

    You claim, "The investors were duped", I respond by pointing out that everything Jay did was spelled out in the contract to which you accuse me of being a Ma-hole.

    You claim there must be some undiscovered fraud because of the amount of money at stake and the fact they haven't moved forward with all projects on their original schedule. I point out USCIS reviews the financial information for each and every investor three years into the project- including bank records. Something none of you have mentioned. I point out that in addition to invoices and receipts the company provides bank records AND all that information gets reviewed by the attorneys for the investors. I also point out that all of the projects as of two years ago are audited. You respond by saying invoices and receipts could be forged. Yeah, okay... but how about the bank records? Please explain how those are forged. And how about the ongoing audits? How could money from the newer projects be "ponzi'd" over to the older ones? Your response is to completely ignore these facts and again say that I just don't get it.

    That's not going in circles. That's going down a bunch of dead end streets.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  6. #356
    The issue isn't believing VT Digger. I am as skeptical of everything and anything.

    The issue is one's ability to engage in critical thought. It's safe to say that our belief as to what constitutes critical thought differs greatly - and I don't see that changing.

  7. #357
    fbrissette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montreal/Jay Peak
    Posts
    1,469
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    The issue isn't to believing VT Digger. I am as skeptical of everything and anything.

    The issue is one's ability to engage in critical thought. It's safe to say that our opinions as to what constitutes critical thought differ greatly - and I don't see that changing.
    I have no horse in this fight. I get the points your are both making.

    Please attack the message and not the messenger.

  8. #358
    Believe me, I hope that he is right. I just realized that we have different methodology and that we will always be talking past each other. But if I had to pick one of us to be correct it would be him. If I had to bet money on it, well... let's just say my bet and my hope would be different.

  9. #359
    fbrissette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montreal/Jay Peak
    Posts
    1,469
    My bet is that the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but likely closer to your viewpoint.

  10. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    The issue is one's ability to engage in critical thought. It's safe to say that our belief as to what constitutes critical thought differs greatly - and I don't see that changing.
    Disagree.

    It's definitely not that he doesn't understand people's comments.

    It's that he willfully and repeatedly, intentionally, fails to "understand" them. But it's not trolling, it's something else; very odd. Like maybe there's a familial dog in the fight somewhere or something.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.