Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1377
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    So here's the list of Jay Peak tire-kickers from VTDigger:

Alterra
    A Communist Chinese oligarch
    Pacific Group
    Och-Ziff
    AWH Partners

I still think Alterra is the most logical choice for a whole host of reasons.
    I hear the owner of the best ski snowboard hill in the Catskills is 1 of the bidders for Jay����������������

So here's the list of Jay Peak tire-kickers from VTDigger:

Alterra
    A Communist Chinese oligarch
    Pacific Group
    Och-Ziff
    AWH Partners

I still think Alterra is the most logical choice for a whole host of reasons.
    I laugh to think that one day Jay Peak will be a Club Med property.... lol
    It's possible that they could split Jay Peak up like Stowe did, with Fosun/Club Med operating the hotels, water park and golf course and some other company taking over the ski operations.

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    I laugh to think that one day Jay Peak will be a Club Med property.... lol
    It's possible that they could split Jay Peak up like Stowe did, with Fosun/Club Med operating the hotels, water park and golf course and some other company taking over the ski operations.
    Club Med. How funny.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

So today's news is that the State Auditor's investigation and report as to the EB-5 scandal is [conveniently] delayed due to the pending criminal matter. Normally I would agree that this is the right thing to do, but here the delay only will further erode any remaining confidence/trust in the State.

https://vtdigger.org/2019/09/10/crim...35bf-405558657

And as to any realistic chance that he gets to "interview" any of these folks, or that said interviews are at all substantive, I say good luck.

Hoffer said among the officials he would like to question include Lawrence Miller and Patricia Moulton, both who served as Agency of Commerce and Community Development secretaries under former Gov. Peter Shumlin.

Also, he said, he would also like to interview former heads of the Vermont EB-5 Regional Center, including Brent Raymond.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

The problem is Vermont is a state virtually unilaterally run by Democrats, and whichever "new" Democrats come into power are going to obfuscate & protect the Democrats both currently in & out of power who are knee-deep in this scandal, up & down the line.

IMO, a full Federal investigation of State of Vermont is the only way justice can be done here.

And yes, PLEASE do "interview" Brent Raymond, and by "interview", I mean subpoena.

EDIT: And it should be noted that the judge who "threw out" the lawsuit accusing State of Vermont of being complicit in this scandal was appointed by Shumlin, who's also knee deep in this scandal. Of course.
    Last edited by BenedictGomez; Sep 11, 2019 at 10:58 AM.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

You want them to investigate and basically indict an entire state?

I'm not that liberal but come on man, that seems a bit over the top.

I think there is a distinct difference between the State missing a coverup/scam during an audit (I mean it was a scam after all by Quiros, he had to cover some shit up at the very least) and aiding and abetting in financial crimes. The state of VT was after all incentivized to have this project succeed and wasn't exactly some independent neutral party auditor.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

I think there is a distinct difference between the State missing a coverup/scam during an audit (I mean it was a scam after all by Quiros, he had to cover some shit up at the very least) and aiding and abetting in financial crimes. The state of VT was after all incentivized to have this project succeed and wasn't exactly some independent neutral party auditor.
    There was no audit; so yes, State of Vermont aided & abetted this financial crime.

I refuse to believe the current explanation, which is essentially that State of Vermont is a bunch of uneducated, wheat-chewing farmers who are too stupid to not be duped by the international genius criminal mastermind of Ariel Quiros. That's a load of crap.

State of Vermont knew this was dirty & did nothing about it to keep the $$$$$ flowing & protect certain politicians, which is why there are "missing" emails & run-arounds at every attempt to investigate State of Vermont.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Aemn to your sentiments BG - central control reaally never works. And place on top of that using $$ you didn't 'earn' via tax confiscation - just look at many state ( or federal for that matter) 'investments' - RI with Curt Shiller game company - $75M - any solar or wind scheme - elected officials anre not investors. Private money can win/loose - they earned it, they can gamble it. People still can let their state do it - I'm all for states rights to compete but just remember - its not $$ they 'earned'. R I S K.

Illustration - its reported ( Barrons) that Elon has recieved $5.5B in government subsides. Average Tesla owner who gets $8K-$10K in fed and state subs avergaes over $500K per year in income.
    Let the private mieny take the risk and let them keep more of their reward - they will turn around and re-invest it. Money outy of service earns squat.

There was no audit; so yes, State of Vermont aided & abetted this financial crime.

I refuse to believe the current explanation, which is essentially that State of Vermont is a bunch of uneducated, wheat-chewing farmers who are too stupid to not be duped by the international genius criminal mastermind of Ariel Quiros. That's a load of crap.

State of Vermont knew this was dirty & did nothing about it to keep the $$$$$ flowing & protect certain politicians, which is why there are "missing" emails & run-arounds at every attempt to investigate State of Vermont.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

I think you need to look into this a bit more. There is video of the Governor bragging about how the Vermont EB-5 program was the only "audited one" in the country. Guess what? They did not audit these projects at all.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information