• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

how to become a good skier??

catskills

Stay in shape, learn how to fall without getting hurt and keep the SPEED down. If you or a family member gets hurt it will have a negative impact on skiing for the entire family and yourself. Nobody gets hurt and everyone enjoys many many ski vacations.

seanfentres

i am also not sure about the place but i going to bent my keens with hands in front of me and if i enjoy i will let you know

VTKilarney

Why did I have the strange feeling that the OP was going to tell us that he had $5 million in a Nigerian account for his ski trip and if we would just send $20,000 for bank wire fees...

skiNEwhere

One major thing I see beginners do is use their whole body to turn....do not do this! While you can get away with it on green terrain, it will prevent you from moving onto more difficult terrain where you'll need to turn quickly.

Once you get comfy with making parallel turns, keep your shoulders facing downhill and turn with just your lower body.

dlague

One major thing I see beginners do is use their whole body to turn....do not do this! While you can get away with it on green terrain, it will prevent you from moving onto more difficult terrain where you'll need to turn quickly.

Once you get comfy with making parallel turns, keep your shoulders facing downhill and turn with just your lower body.

Good point! Edge control is also important for advancing to more difficult terrain. The slide turns many beginners make are fine on greens and ok on blues but can get you in trouble in all other terrain.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey Sean welcome to AZ!

You will most quickly improve your skiing by being on this forum. More so than time on slopes. :lol:

Seriously though, yeah it's lessons and time on snow. Even one good season of getting out a LOT makes a big difference. My wife has skied 4 - 5 days a year for 4 or 5 years now and it's slow moving on getting it to the next level. You just need to get comfortable on them and that is just time.

skiNEwhere

No judgement allowed from an East Coast sell out. Puck It and I may have our differences but east coasters gotta stick together!

The opportunity lined itself up for me to move with minimal logistical overhead and a job. I might not have had the chance again so I took it. If I'm a sellout, so be it! No regrets!

ScottySkis

The opportunity lined itself up for me to move with minimal logistical overhead and a job. I might not have had the chance again so I took it. If I'm a sellout, so be it! No regrets!

I am jealous you live in a great state high mountains light snow cheap rents and legal mj out door fun stuff to do all year. If I had more money job wise I would move their in a second, and visit family and friends here on east coast a few times a year keep living the dream even if you dont parttake in mj although you might try it and find out what i been saying for years in plant put here to make for so many great reasons.