how to become a good skier?? - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Ski crap snow. Seriously. Season pass helps with this but I go out pretty much no matter what. Rain, Ice, dirt, whatever. Worst conditions make the good days easy.

all of this stuff, sure, but also work on your agility and your balance. Being aware of your body position and its effect on your skis is important. it needs to become second nature, and will be the hardest part of your coming back to the sport.

when you come skiing, dont just throw em on and give em hell. Start at a mellow pace on a mellow part of the mountain. refamiliarize yourself with the sensation. i would advise against moving to harder terrain. I feel like you need to stay on a difficulty level that you really can feel like a super star and get excited about what it is you are doing... which is going fast with sleds tied to your feet. it's awesome. you should think so as well.

enjoy. welcome back.

32 replies, and no one has asked him

How long have you been skiing?
    Describe in detail your ability, turn shapes, techniques you use, terrain skied, etc?
    What do you want to work on or achieve? (we all want to get better)
    How many days did you ski last year?
    Ever had a lesson?

You guys are throwing darts, and there isn't even a dart board up there.

Although the troll potential light is on.
    Last edited by mister moose; Aug 1, 2014 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seanfentres View Post
    i am dong a research on how an individual can become good skier and also where to look for and all the information
    I suspect this is a high school student doing a paper, who has never ever gone skiing...
    ...and my never go.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidFeet View Post
    I suspect this is a high school student doing a paper, who has never ever gone skiing...
    ...and my never go.
    And if it's a high school student he's in summer school no less!

Oh, right.

Maybe it's an Australian HS student for whom English is a second language?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...and my never go.
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    And if it's a high school student he's in summer school no less!
    Oh, right.

my guess, a college student or possibly a grad student. Depending on the program, summer classes are available or using summer as a time to get a jump start on the paper/project.
    I rather be @ss noodling

Maybe he's from Tahiti and wants to learn how to be a better Water Skier?LOL
    Maybe he'll answer you guys.

Like everyone said, ski more and absolutely take some lessons. I typically take a couple of clinics a year. Some have been great, some not so good. If you do go for a lesson, try to do it during the week. Best chance to get an instructor by yourself. I've been taking advanced snowboarding lessons for years and most of the time, I paid a group rate and ended up with just the instructor. If you limited to the weekends, and can afford it, go for the single lesson. And not to beat a dead horse, but if you can get to a place that does a video analyses, try it. It was really a big eye opener to see what you are doing right and wrong.

Thread Information