how to become a good skier?? - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Stay in shape, learn how to fall without getting hurt and keep the SPEED down. If you or a family member gets hurt it will have a negative impact on skiing for the entire family and yourself. Nobody gets hurt and everyone enjoys many many ski vacations.

i am also not sure about the place but i going to bent my keens with hands in front of me and if i enjoy i will let you know

Why did I have the strange feeling that the OP was going to tell us that he had $5 million in a Nigerian account for his ski trip and if we would just send $20,000 for bank wire fees...

If you go to the Kitchen Wall don't throw your skis over the cliff and try to hike out.
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

One major thing I see beginners do is use their whole body to turn....do not do this! While you can get away with it on green terrain, it will prevent you from moving onto more difficult terrain where you'll need to turn quickly.

Once you get comfy with making parallel turns, keep your shoulders facing downhill and turn with just your lower body.
    2017/2018 Days - 88
    2016/2017 Days - 34
    2015/2016 Days - 57
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47

Quote Originally Posted by skiNEwhere View Post
    One major thing I see beginners do is use their whole body to turn....do not do this! While you can get away with it on green terrain, it will prevent you from moving onto more difficult terrain where you'll need to turn quickly.

Once you get comfy with making parallel turns, keep your shoulders facing downhill and turn with just your lower body.
    Good point! Edge control is also important for advancing to more difficult terrain. The slide turns many beginners make are fine on greens and ok on blues but can get you in trouble in all other terrain.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Hey Sean welcome to AZ!

You will most quickly improve your skiing by being on this forum. More so than time on slopes.

Seriously though, yeah it's lessons and time on snow. Even one good season of getting out a LOT makes a big difference. My wife has skied 4 - 5 days a year for 4 or 5 years now and it's slow moving on getting it to the next level. You just need to get comfortable on them and that is just time.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Ski,take a lesson,ski,take a lesson...
    SHUT UP AND SKI

Quote Originally Posted by Abubob View Post
    If you go to the Kitchen Wall don't throw your skis over the cliff and try to hike out.
    Or don't post about it in a public forum

Quote Originally Posted by MadMadWorld View Post
    Or don't post about it in a public forum

You can't give advice. I hear you suck terribly!!!!!
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Thread Information