• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

how to become a good skier??

Tin

Challenge him to a ski-off, and follow in his wake (because you surely wont be in front).

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.*

*But it might kill you

He has been so good lately on posting. Dont bring that back out lol

Oh and ski more. Ice skating can help. One thing I've seen is that if you can skate than you can ski.

jack97

why do I have this feeling it's a marketing research related to the PSIA.

seanfentres

nice reply i got here thanx everybody for posting and i will post more information about my research....:thumbup:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
nice reply i got here thanx everybody for posting and i will post more information about my research....:thumbup:

Pick fresh snow days, conditions are more forgiving , falling on boiler plate is not fun.
not sure where you'll be skiing.
Keep your knees bent and out of the backseat. Fight your instinct to stand upright.

BenedictGomez

Oh and ski more. Ice skating can help. One thing I've seen is that if you can skate than you can ski.

I skated before I skied. For the most part I'm not sure how applicable one is to the other, but I can say that I picked up "hockey-stopping" on skis way before other beginners, so there's definitely that.

RustyGroomer

Ski crap snow. Seriously. Season pass helps with this but I go out pretty much no matter what. Rain, Ice, dirt, whatever. Worst conditions make the good days easy. :)

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
all of this stuff, sure, but also work on your agility and your balance. Being aware of your body position and its effect on your skis is important. it needs to become second nature, and will be the hardest part of your coming back to the sport.

when you come skiing, dont just throw em on and give em hell. Start at a mellow pace on a mellow part of the mountain. refamiliarize yourself with the sensation. i would advise against moving to harder terrain. I feel like you need to stay on a difficulty level that you really can feel like a super star and get excited about what it is you are doing... which is going fast with sleds tied to your feet. it's awesome. you should think so as well.

enjoy. welcome back.

mister moose

32 replies, and no one has asked him

How long have you been skiing?
Describe in detail your ability, turn shapes, techniques you use, terrain skied, etc?
What do you want to work on or achieve? (we all want to get better)
How many days did you ski last year?
Ever had a lesson?

You guys are throwing darts, and there isn't even a dart board up there.

Although the troll potential light is on.

Last edited:

Savemeasammy

Maybe it's an Australian HS student for whom English is a second language?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jack97

mbedle

Like everyone said, ski more and absolutely take some lessons. I typically take a couple of clinics a year. Some have been great, some not so good. If you do go for a lesson, try to do it during the week. Best chance to get an instructor by yourself. I've been taking advanced snowboarding lessons for years and most of the time, I paid a group rate and ended up with just the instructor. If you limited to the weekends, and can afford it, go for the single lesson. And not to beat a dead horse, but if you can get to a place that does a video analyses, try it. It was really a big eye opener to see what you are doing right and wrong.