• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Something is Brewing at Sundown at it's not Beer!

powbmps

If I have to explain to you the irony in what you wrote then you are far more pathetic then what I originally thought.

There are lots of people on here get it and think you are a joke. I've never met you and that's probably a good thing.

I don't get it. I've met that Greg guy and he isn't the least bit funny.

Seriously though, as was pointed out earlier, there is a difference between claiming to have the steepest/widest/gnarest of something vs what Sundown is doing in hyping up their new run.

How about we all get together on neutral ground, hug it out, and slay some low - angle bumps?

Savemeasammy

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1408630064.821993.jpg

flying goose.

back in the day goosebumps - skiers right of this run - used to be bumped up. That is a steeper run.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
lol, it was embedded in the thread i bumped. I didnt even know that. Greg,you're a gaper, madmadworld is the new defender of the internet!!!

it's still funny that people use decade old threads to make their point though. That will always be funny.

It's hard to believe AZ has been around for 16 years this year!

jack97

Another view of the newly cut trail. My guess, Kurt (?) could easily seed 4-5 lines and if they wish, place a snow rail along the edge.

BTW, were the stumps taken out or will be graded in?

attachment.php

planb420

I have hiked it a few times and there is little to no stumps, but some rock formations on the edges (could be fun depending on how deep the snowpack is)

Another view of the newly cut trail. My guess, Kurt (?) could easily seed 4-5 lines and if they wish, place a snow rail along the edge.

BTW, were the stumps taken out or will be graded in?

attachment.php

jack97

Must have spent a pretty coin clearing that trail, stumps and all. Got to give Chris and the Sundown crew props for re investing back into the mountain.

skiNEwhere

I thought they got rid of the stumps so that they could install a burning ring of fire.

skiNEwhere

Who's gonna be the first person on here to mountain bike down? We need a TR, assuming you actually survive

Mapnut

Before long this thread will have one post per foot of Satan's Stairway's vertical.
By ski season it will have one post per mogul.

Don't worry about the manicuring, they covered it with some kind of matting. I'm sure the rocks will be able to work their way through.