• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Robin Williams dies

jimk

Tin

I really wish someone would write a decent article, SO MANY errors. If someone is diagnosed through scan or any method, they should IMMEDIATELY undergo neuropsych testing as this is where we can really differentiate diagnoses. One thing I did like about the article was mentioning that even though Lewy Body dementia signs were present, it is VERY possible it was having little to no impact on his cognitive functioning. Given his severe cocaine use, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a clear Parkinson's case.

I cannot tell you how many patients I've seen and worked with that came to the neurology clinic with improper diagnosis. Too many just take what the doctor says without question. I have seen patients who were diagnosed with Alzheimer's years prior who in fact had NPH and immediate intervention could have kept their cognitive abilities in tact. The same for younger individuals, people who are can barely walk that are told they have MS but in reality have advanced Lyme disease. Always get second and even third opinions.

Sorry, end of rant.

Tin

No disrespect meant towards him in my earlier post. This is a touchy subject with me. Mother died from Alzheimer's in 2006 and mother in law with severe dementia lived with us for last two years before moving in with other relatives last week.

Sorry for your loss. And it takes a lot to have a family member live with you in that condition, you're one hell of a strong person for doing that.

Puck it

I really wish someone would write a decent article, SO MANY errors. If someone is diagnosed through scan or any method, they should IMMEDIATELY undergo neuropsych testing as this is where we can really differentiate diagnoses. One thing I did like about the article was mentioning that even though Lewy Body dementia signs were present, it is VERY possible it was having little to no impact on his cognitive functioning. Given his severe cocaine use, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a clear Parkinson's case.

I cannot tell you how many patients I've seen and worked with that came to the neurology clinic with improper diagnosis. Too many just take what the doctor says without question. I have seen patients who were diagnosed with Alzheimer's years prior who in fact had NPH and immediate intervention could have kept their cognitive abilities in tact. The same for younger individuals, people who are can barely walk that are told they have MS but in reality have advanced Lyme disease. Always get second and even third opinions.

Sorry, end of rant.
What's wrong with me then?