Robin Williams dies - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Good, thoughtful article with more details on Robin's condition: http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/06/opinio...tia/index.html

No disrespect meant towards him in my earlier post. This is a touchy subject with me. Mother died from Alzheimer's in 2006 and mother in law with severe dementia lived with us for last two years before moving in with other relatives last week.

I really wish someone would write a decent article, SO MANY errors. If someone is diagnosed through scan or any method, they should IMMEDIATELY undergo neuropsych testing as this is where we can really differentiate diagnoses. One thing I did like about the article was mentioning that even though Lewy Body dementia signs were present, it is VERY possible it was having little to no impact on his cognitive functioning. Given his severe cocaine use, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a clear Parkinson's case.

I cannot tell you how many patients I've seen and worked with that came to the neurology clinic with improper diagnosis. Too many just take what the doctor says without question. I have seen patients who were diagnosed with Alzheimer's years prior who in fact had NPH and immediate intervention could have kept their cognitive abilities in tact. The same for younger individuals, people who are can barely walk that are told they have MS but in reality have advanced Lyme disease. Always get second and even third opinions.

Sorry, end of rant.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimk View Post

No disrespect meant towards him in my earlier post. This is a touchy subject with me. Mother died from Alzheimer's in 2006 and mother in law with severe dementia lived with us for last two years before moving in with other relatives last week.
    Sorry for your loss. And it takes a lot to have a family member live with you in that condition, you're one hell of a strong person for doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    I really wish someone would write a decent article, SO MANY errors. If someone is diagnosed through scan or any method, they should IMMEDIATELY undergo neuropsych testing as this is where we can really differentiate diagnoses. One thing I did like about the article was mentioning that even though Lewy Body dementia signs were present, it is VERY possible it was having little to no impact on his cognitive functioning. Given his severe cocaine use, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a clear Parkinson's case.

I cannot tell you how many patients I've seen and worked with that came to the neurology clinic with improper diagnosis. Too many just take what the doctor says without question. I have seen patients who were diagnosed with Alzheimer's years prior who in fact had NPH and immediate intervention could have kept their cognitive abilities in tact. The same for younger individuals, people who are can barely walk that are told they have MS but in reality have advanced Lyme disease. Always get second and even third opinions.

Sorry, end of rant.
    What's wrong with me then?
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post

You're just an asshole with bad knees. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    You're just an asshole with bad knees. LOL
    Hey. Careful I will ban you from the Zoomer Bar.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Robin Williams is dead?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    Not enough bandwidth on this forum.....
    Building a quiver is just foreplay for snowgasms

An article from a week ago says that Williams had some pretty tight restrictions on some of his work, in the event of his passing.
    http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainm...again--2015911

Building a quiver is just foreplay for snowgasms

Thread Information