• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iphone 6 coming soon

Funky_Catskills

Ok, I love this phone. Has anyone used Apple Pay yet? I set it up but haven't tried it.

Haven't used it yet... BUT I connected my AMEX to it and it's awesome!
I get a notification every time my card gets used.. And it notifies me almost instantly that there was a transaction.

Edd

Haven't used it yet... BUT I connected my AMEX to it and it's awesome!
I get a notification every time my card gets used.. And it notifies me almost instantly that there was a transaction.

Yeah, I have an AMEX too and I friggin love that.

Edd

I'm surprised this wasn't always a feature straight from the credit card companies. Maybe it is but it didn't happen until I triggered the Apple Pay service. Seems like an obvious theft prevention thing.

I was sitting at a bar (as I'm prone to do) last week so I saw the server swipe my card. The notification appeared instantly, like half a second.

gmcunni

I'm surprised this wasn't always a feature straight from the credit card companies. Maybe it is but it didn't happen until I triggered the Apple Pay service. Seems like an obvious theft prevention thing.

I was sitting at a bar (as I'm prone to do) last week so I saw the server swipe my card. The notification appeared instantly, like half a second.

i;ve had email notification from AMEX for a long time, not connected to any service other than amex. don't remember all the options but i get alerts for when card is used online and when a purchase exceeds a set threshold. i tried for first time ever to use amex for a cash advance when i was in a pinch.. failed because i didn't know my pin(guess wrong) and got an alert for that as well.

Edd

Email, yes. But this is a drop down that appears regardless of what app you're using. Every individual charge.

Edit: didn't see Funky's response.

o3jeff

Has anyone used Apples Reuse and Recycle program thru Brightstar? They seem to be offer the best value for my old phone with an Apple Store gift card. Seems like and easy decision, Sprint $135, Bestbuy $155, Apple/Brightstar $210, Gazelle $115

gmcunni

my 5s is working fine but am eligible for an upgrade to iphone 6 for decent price. anyone upgrade to a 6 and regretting it? not sure i'll like the bigger size, especially since i use a case for protection - making it even larger

wa-loaf

my 5s is working fine but am eligible for an upgrade to iphone 6 for decent price. anyone upgrade to a 6 and regretting it? not sure i'll like the bigger size, especially since i use a case for protection - making it even larger

At this point I'd wait until the fall to see what they release. Get the 6s version or probably find the current 6 for less.

wa-loaf

6s confirmed or just rumor?

$100 for the 6 if i renew now, through office plan.

Whatever they call it, new phone comes out once a year from Apple. I like my six, the screen is great. Got a fairly low profile case for it and had no issues skiing/etc with it.

Edd

Love the 6. I upgraded from a 4s, though, which isn't the same as upgrading from a 5s. If I had a 5s, I'd wait for the next phone.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I have a 5S for work. I think it sucks. Much prefer my HTC One mini.

Sorry, I've been overdue for dissing on Apple products. Probably high time I dissed on Subaru as well.

Don't take it personally Edd. :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
I have a 5S for work. I think it sucks. Much prefer my HTC One mini.

Sorry, I've been overdue for dissing on Apple products. Probably high time I dissed on Subaru as well.

Don't take it personally Edd. :lol:

:lol:

I only clicked on this thread because I saw that you were the last person to post. :beer:

Savemeasammy

My wife and I have 4s's. They were our first smartphones. We got them mostly out of laziness - there are too damn many choices out there. I'm hoping next time around to go android. I'm tired of the "big brother" feeling that I get from Apple....

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app