• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Catamount night skiing question

ScottySkis

So I never night skied their just curios if how much good terrain is open at night. I am considering a season pass their because it is cheap and close. I like it for lack of crowds. Does any here had a season pass their in the past I appercite any info in advance.

Scruffy

I use to race there at night. You will get bored quickly. The other issue with night skiing in the east, it's the worst conditions surface wise. The trails have been scraped all day and now that it's cold, dark and damp, the trails really turn to ice. If icy trails are your thing, go for it. Oh, and forget about finding any good bumps at there at night.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
New blue trail off of Lower Sidewinder. That should be nice. Ridge Run is now a "low intermediate". Hopefully they didn't do any physical work to the trail. I liked all the dips and curves. Its very fun to speed down. I also hope this doesn't bring a lot of beginners to the summit. Meadows is always jammed on the weekends with novices while the Summit Quad is much more manageable because there's no greens from the top.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
New blue trail off of Lower Sidewinder. That should be nice. Ridge Run is now a "low intermediate". Hopefully they didn't do any physical work to the trail. I liked all the dips and curves. Its very fun to speed down. I also hope this doesn't bring a lot of beginners to the summit. Meadows is always jammed on the weekends with novices while the Summit Quad is much more manageable because there's no greens from the top.

That is Catamount's biggest problem IMHO. The Meadows chair is so Slow and gets so crowded. It needs to be upgraded. Catamount has fun, interesting terrain...more so than most other mountains in the vicinity. I wonder what the new condo/hotel will bring...?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
That is Catamount's biggest problem IMHO. The Meadows chair is so Slow and gets so crowded. It needs to be upgraded. Catamount has fun, interesting terrain...more so than most other mountains in the vicinity. I wonder what the new condo/hotel will bring...?

I definitely agree that the Meadows chair is the mountain's biggest problem. I'd do some more skiing over on that side if it wasn't so packed. And I looked at the trail map for the master plan, this trail may be one of the three in between Sidewinder and Alleycat.

Catamount-Master-Plan.jpg