• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's the going rate for ski binding mounting?

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Skifanatics in Campton NH charged me $20 to take bindings off an broken pair of ski and mount to a new pair.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
I paid $60 at EMS this summer to have my Dukes mounted on my Vagabonds. That included binding removal from the old skis they were on. I expected to pay a bit of a premium at EMS though as it's not a traditional ski shop.

Brad J

Payed $50.00 at Stan and Dan"s last year for bindings mounted on new ski's I purchased online

goldsbar

I've only read about the mythical $20 mounts on internet forums. Not saying it's not true, but good luck. $40+ is more like it.

DIY is easy if you know what your doing (or have pre-drilled plates like on some race-lite skis). You can easily mess things up otherwise.

skiNEwhere

My shop here does it for $45 for 2, $20 for one. Why one? Because the original shop that mounted my bindings, competitive edge ski and bike in south Hadley, MA, mounted the heel and toe piece at different lengths on each ski. Didn't notice until a few years later when I got new boots and I could only make one fit. So yea, don't use them if you're in the area.

SkiFanE

$25-30, I forget. At the old Jack Frost at Sunday River. Last year after hey became Ski Depot it was $30 I think, details escape me. But we are regulars for years with all kids race stuff, not sure we get a deal or not. And doesn't matter if stuff is bought there or not, and also moving bindings from one pair to another. Bought new skis & bindings from Ski Depot over the net this summer, so I'll know the price when I get them done in a few weeks. Love that place!!!

have to say, spending most of your ski dollars in one place pays back in dividends. They've helped us out many time over the years, even got new heels for boots that had worn down and I wanted to get another year out of them. Cost $19 for parts and labor, they truly went above and beyond (after shelling out $1200 for kids skis lol). So we stick with that place with occasional internet deals. That's why you only "hear" about deals and don't get them, maybe? If you're always shopping for a deal you are never a loyal customer. Suburban boston ski stores probably have a harder time with loyalty - big spending skiers probably spend their $ in ski towns (???), I never buy stuff around boston

Last edited:

twinplanx

Wow, this thread has made me really appreciate my guy who will mount bindings for a12-pack :)

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

yeggous

It is cheaper to get them mounted on the mountain than a city shop. At least in NH, you'll pay $30 on mountain and $50 off. Ski Haus is overpriced on everything.

I have stopped ordering bindings online. I'll buy the bindings on sale (usually from Proctor in Nashua) and they mount them for free.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

SIKSKIER

A couple of friends that worked in ski shops always gave me crap when I asked about "mounting" bindings.They would always come back with,"we don't mount bindings,we install them.You mount woman and deer".OK then.

gorgonzola

rrrgh I swear all the shops around the pokeys/greater lehigh valley pa area are in collusion - $80!!!!@&%#!!

BenedictGomez

A couple of friends that worked in ski shops always gave me crap when I asked about "mounting" bindings.They would always come back with,"we don't mount bindings,we install them.You mount woman and deer".OK then.

I'd ask them how fastening a deer head to a block of wood is different from fastening a binding to a block of wood.

rrrgh I swear all the shops around the pokeys/greater lehigh valley pa area are in collusion - $80!!!!@&%#!!

That's insane. Next time your in Jersey, go to Pelican. Or have you tried Buckmans?

Domeskier

Recently got a quote from a shop in NJ for >$90 (cheaper if you purchase the skis or bindings on site).

jimmywilson69

So I guess this is some shops way of "taxing" you for not buying inhouse? seems like a poor decisions since it doesn't take more than an hour to mount skis with the proper equipment.

Going rate in Central PA is $50, which I think isn't too bad.