• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The 2014-2015 TJ MAXX & Marshalls thread

BenedictGomez

This is the thread where we post the annual deals at TJ MAXX and Marshalls (same ownership FYI).

Please post WHICH location the deal you found is located at, and the price. Happy Hunting!

BenedictGomez

This seems to be early this season, but I found some great deals on soft-shell jackets yesterday at Marhalls (Flemington, NJ).

They had an impressive inventory of soft-shell jackets from:

Avalanche $24.99
Marmott $29.99
Tumi $39.99

All three were very nice. The Avalance and Marmott came in several colors, Tumi only in black. The Avalanche didnt fit me well, so I eliminated it. The Marmott and Tumi, while both softshells, were a bit different. The Tumi seemed warm and well-designed for cold weather, the Marmott was designed well too with pockets galore, but seemed lighter and more of a pure spring skiing jacket.

I've never actually owned a soft-shell before, and am not exactly sure how "cold" of weather you can ski in it, but I pulled the trigger on the Tumi (below), which although a brand I dont know anything about, was very comfortable. The original sticker claims a $225 retail price, which seems insane and I doubt it really transacted at that, but at $39.99 it seemed too good a deal to turn down. I just need to learn how to wear it and layer now.

They also had Marmot socks and a few Columbia ski jackets, but that's about it. We're ski early (pre-November) days here.

mYRBHcpFP26N8Larcfg9veQ.jpg

〽❄❅

TJ Maxx St Davids has Women's Marmot Polartec Neoshell soft shell jackets.

Also been finding Marmot 700 down jackets with treated down for both men and women at $99 which isn't bad. TNF grizzly fleece jackets for men at both TJx and Marsh but way overpriced, you can do much better at EMS or REI.

Thats about it for now in the Philadelphia area…will look again when i need another dose of retail therapy.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I will have to check at our store out here. The last few years there have not been too many deals at TJ Maxx for good outerwear.

BenedictGomez

FWIW they also own Sierra Trading Post now.

Interesting, I didnt know that. Perhaps that partially explains why the last few years it seems (at least to me) there's been less volume of ski apparel/goods at TJ MAXX & Marshalls than normal. Maybe they're pushing some of it online to STP.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Interesting, I didnt know that. Perhaps that partially explains why the last few years it seems (at least to me) there's been less volume of ski apparel/goods at TJ MAXX & Marshalls than normal. Maybe they're pushing some of it online to STP.

Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

〽❄❅

Latest excursion -

Men: TNF thermoball jackets $99, also seeing lots of TNF ski jackets, down vest, 2 layer GoreTex insulated jacket, and inside zip in zipper 2-layer GoreTex jacket, etc. Helly Hansen republic jacket and another shell, plus HH fleece jackets. Plenty of Marmot 700 Down jackets, Marmot Calen Hoody, loads of fleece jackets. Some Columbia jackets. Bolle goggles. Scott gloves.

Women: Columbia 800 down jacket, TNF 800 down jacket, Marmot 800 down Amy hoody jacket (looks just like Ama Dablan jacket), 700 down jacket, Very cool looking silver with tasteful Olympics inspired patches Nike 800 down jacket $400 marp for $99.

C-Rex

Last year I found Northface Goretex pants (don't remember the model) for $200. Normal price $450. It was around Christmas and I was strapped to I waited and missed out. I'm really hoping I can find something like that again this year.

〽❄❅

I think $169. - nice soft shell / hard zones pants but for me the size Medium standard 32" inseam is just to long. I want my next ski pants to have no more than a 30" inseam.

〽❄❅

Picked up a TNF thermoball jacket for $99 at Marshalls -

Also found last seasons now discontinued "mapped" 700 down fill TNF Saiku hoody which i took home because i like the fit, haven't decided if i'm going to keep it. Has flashdry side panels instead of pit zips for dumping persperation and heat which could be good or a source for me to freeze on those long lift rides to the top. http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/sc-gear/men-39-s-saiku-down-jacket.html

BenedictGomez

Lots of TNF soft shell jackests at TJMaxx in Flemington, NJ for $120. Some turtle fur items as well like all the X-Games snowboarders seem to wear and some Marmot gloves.

Seems like stuff is more trickling in here and there than being offloaded from a truck in numbers.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Lots of TNF soft shell jackests at TJMaxx in Flemington, NJ for $120. Some turtle fur items as well like all the X-Games snowboarders seem to wear and some Marmot gloves.

Seems like stuff is more trickling in here and there than being offloaded from a truck in numbers.

And I think that the limited selection is due to TJX owning Sierra Trading Post.

bruno1

Haven't seen anything really good the last few years in the Medford Ma location either, they use to carry lots off great gear marmot, north face, cloudveil (when there apparel was good). But nothing lately

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
The local Portsmouth NH store never has anything but crap. One year I did end up spending $30 on a set of el cheapo Grandoe gloves for a back up pair. They turned out being warmer than my $90 Level gloves. :lol:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Haven't seen anything really good the last few years in the Medford Ma location either, they use to carry lots off great gear marmot, north face, cloudveil (when there apparel was good). But nothing lately

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Re: Cloudveil

I have not seen any of their stuff lately. L9 used to carry a lot of their overstock items at ridiculously low prices.