• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Guns firing?

steamboat1

Top of Forerunner chair at Stowe. Also saw pictures of them blowing with the super polecats down lower.

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo_gallery_image_12.jpg
    photo_gallery_image_12.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 424

Mariovntr

Killington just updated their snow report. Opening Monday to pass holders and express card holders. Tuesday for general public. Expects to remain open daily!

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Killington just updated their snow report. Opening Monday to pass holders and express card holders. Tuesday for general public. Expects to remain open daily!

That's not a stretch of the imagination. They can blow from now till Monday morning without any stoppages. Then a little break for the snowmakers till Friday night when cold air returns for the weekend.

snowmonster

ss20, is that quote in your sig from snowmonster, as in Martin? You're quoting Martin? Martin is a stud! Get your ass back here you Filipino lover! We need to catch up on some ski history! :)

+1. Snowmonster should pay us all a visit.

Moved back home. Still see him on Facebook from time to time. Been awhile since he posted here. Hopefully he's too busy surfing the South Pacific.

Never met him, but loved that quote.

Fewer, if any, are as genuine and kind. A spirit of adventure that is second to none, but the humility to understand the boundaries such spirit imposes.

l.

and yes, martin needs to swing by more often....

I enjoyed and miss the late season runs with Snoseek, Jerry G, Snowmonster and Terry.
Hi guys! It's the monster. I give you the gift of snow! Enjoy it. Greetings from halfway around the world where it's a warm 81 degrees. Madpatski sent me a message on Facebook to let me know about this thread. I am touched that you still remember me. I stopped coming around here since I could not relate to what was going on. I haven't seen a snow flake since June 2013 and, frankly, seeing all the fun you're all having skiing just depressed me. I should be out there with you.

But life goes on. I moved back to Manila. Skiing has been replaced by diving for the most part. I've been out surfing only once though since I've been working and attending to personal stuff. This is a really beautiful country and I wish some of you could see it. If any of you decide to make the trip across the oceans, let me know. By the way, business is pretty good here too so, if you can combine business and pleasure, why not?

ss20, thanks for quoting me. I remember that you reached out once to ask if you could use it. Enjoy your turns this year. I hope to meet you someday.

jerryg, thank you for the kind words. I was touched when I read them. You're a prince among men. I regret not seeing you before I left. But, the road is long and, sometimes, a ski trail cuts through it. There's a lot of backcountry out there. Show me your secret stashes someday.

snoseek, glad to know that you're heading west again. I'll see you someday and bring my own brand of luck. See? No snow in NE and, on the day that the monster breaks his silence, BOOM! Snow!

bobr, I keep tabs on you through Facebook. Glad that the family is doing well. I look at pictures of your children and wonder where all the time has gone. You'll always be the Mayah of Sunday River. Give my best to the people at Barker.

Have a great season, gents! Make turns for me. My heart will always be in the high places of New England! I so envy you all.

Last edited:

snowmonster

What a great guy, and I never met him!!. You are definitely missed here, SnowMonster.

Thanks for the kind words, marcski. Are you still surfing too? Lots of great surfing sites here in the Philippines. Let me know if you make the trip over. You won't regret it.

Thanks for popping in SM. You would have liked the vibe today.
BobR, Sunday River always has a great vibe. I miss it. Have a great ski season. Was ga2ski dressed as Tigger again?

Vortex

Thanks for the kind words, marcski. Are you still surfing too? Lots of great surfing sites here in the Philippines. Let me know if you make the trip over. You won't regret it.

BobR, Sunday River always has a great vibe. I miss it. Have a great ski season. Was ga2ski dressed as Tigger again?

I am not good at pictures here. Check out my facebook post. The tall guy in the 1 piece with the wig was Ga2ski. No tigger this year. He still rips.

catsup948

After the rain Thursday it seems it's all systems go for massive snowmaking efforts all over new england. I'll be at either Okemo or Killington 11/23!

mbedle

Not in the northeast, but at least its not as bad as what is going on in Colorado. Just saw Breck is postponing their opening because its been so warm out there.

fbrissette

Are you sure ? They issued their first ski report this morning mentioning snowmaking starting in 10-15 days for a planned November 22nd opening.

VTKilarney

Are you sure ? They issued their first ski report this morning mentioning snowmaking starting in 10-15 days for a planned November 22nd opening.
This is what they posted to their Facebook page:

Stay tuned this Friday; we're going to have some shots of our snowmaking team in action (insert excited emoticon here).

Maybe it's just a test of their new guns.