• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter posts Projected Opening Date! 11-21-14!

SKI-3PO

Interesting - recent years have been after Thanksgiving if I remember correctly.

SKI-3PO

I'm certainly not counting on them opening by that point, but its progress that they even show an interest in doing so.

JimG.

Staff member
Regardless of what Hunter actually does now, it certainly means others who do open early are looking to do so soon.

slatham

Gotta love the attitude!

I remember a few years ago they started making snow on Sunday and I went the following Saturday - 6 days later - and they had 50% (yes FIFTY) of terrain open! It was mind blowing how much snow they put on that mountain in less than a week.

BenedictGomez

Regardless of what Hunter actually does now, it certainly means others who do open early are looking to do so soon.

I'd say it means that Hunter is using a bogus "early opening date" as a marketing tool, which, if this thread is any evidence, is working well.

October 2014 was, and November 2014 is, projected to be very mild months in terms of temperature. The mountains know this. If Hunter is open 11/21/14 it will likely be due to a stubborn full-court-press on a WROD to meet that date.

JimG.

Staff member
I'd say it means that Hunter is using a bogus "early opening date" as a marketing tool, which, if this thread is any evidence, is working well.

October 2014 was, and November 2014 is, projected to be very mild months in terms of temperature. The mountains know this. If Hunter is open 11/21/14 it will likely be due to a stubborn full-court-press on a WROD to meet that date.

Thank you Captain Obvious!

All I was saying is that serious early season players will be open by then anyway.