• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's in your gear bag?

C-Rex

If I'm riding with my GF, I keep empty space available for the layer she will take off and make me carry. No matter how much I warn her she always over dresses.

Geoff

My SUV is my rolling ski locker. When I'm at my home mountain, I don't carry anything with me. I have spare skis, spare poles, a Posidrive #3, and various glove/goggle/layer options in the car.

Big mountain skiing, my day pack has a hydration bladder, a couple candy bars and/or trail mix, an upper layer, a neck gaitor, a small ratchet screwdriver with different bits in the handle, and flat light lens goggles if I'm wearing sunglasses.

soozilah

lets see i have a few of those heat pack things to put in my gloves and boots, both gloves and mittens and liners, neck gators, long underwear, a variety of stylish hats for when not on the mountain :), goggles which suck/dont work very well, warm wool socks/multiple pairs, a white puffy old ripped north face parka (developing further justification/self talk towards buying a new ski jacket this season), and black K2 snow pants that i'm afraid to try on (hope they still fit too many IPAs this summer).

Puck it

My SUV is my rolling ski locker. When I'm at my home mountain, I don't carry anything with me. I have spare skis, spare poles, a Posidrive #3, and various glove/goggle/layer options in the car.

Big mountain skiing, my day pack has a hydration bladder, a couple candy bars and/or trail mix, an upper layer, a neck gaitor, a small ratchet screwdriver with different bits in the handle, and flat light lens goggles if I'm wearing sunglasses.

My FJ is like that exactly. The only thing that is not in the truck is me.

snapoleo

i'm one of those women who always ends up over-layering (in my defense, i'm chronically anemic and get cold super easily). my husband usually sticks whatever i've taken off into his jacket.