• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

"Ski-Off" trails

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
Maybe I missed something, but a "ski off" isn't the same as a Chinese Downhill.

A ski off entails a bunch of people skiing a run in their own unique way and a panel of judges to determine the best skier. The best ski off runs in the east are the runs used in the Ski The East Freeride Tour (Face chutes at Jay, Liftline at MRG, etc.) you need a run where whoever is judging can see the whole run.

Rumor at Gore would be good. Slides at WF. The best place for a ski off, though, is Tuckerman Ravine.

MadMadWorld

Maybe I missed something, but a "ski off" isn't the same as a Chinese Downhill.

A ski off entails a bunch of people skiing a run in their own unique way and a panel of judges to determine the best skier. The best ski off runs in the east are the runs used in the Ski The East Freeride Tour (Face chutes at Jay, Liftline at MRG, etc.) you need a run where whoever is judging can see the whole run.

Rumor at Gore would be good. Slides at WF. The best place for a ski off, though, is Tuckerman Ravine.

Only people in the ski-off can make up rules. You want in?

How about a mandatory tuck run down some bumps? You stand up you lose.

dlague

Jay Peak

Vermonter over to Green Beret to Upper Milk Run short trip on Taxi then down Powerline. Need to make it interesting!

MadMadWorld

So if I can make the rules count me in. To start with all you youngsters (Under 50) need to carry an extra 50 pounds with you.

Follow the thread closer please....if you are apart of the ski off you can make but no one really needs to follow them.

Last edited: