• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington is opening

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
That's construction costs. The path that the stairs are on has been there a long time. Like I said it was a popular traverse that came in at the top of the glade chair instead of the other trails that come in lower on Great Northern.

I sure wouldn't have called it a "popular traverse." I tended to use it when I was too lazy to climb to the top of Catwalk. When I used it, it was very narrow with a nasty double fall line. I suspect they had to at least double its width to build the stairway.

steamboat1

I sure wouldn't have called it a "popular traverse." I tended to use it when I was too lazy to climb to the top of Catwalk. When I used it, it was very narrow with a nasty double fall line. I suspect they had to at least double its width to build the stairway.
I would think there would be a long permitting process for cutting trees for expanding trails especially at high elevation on state forest land. As far as I'm aware that didn't occur.

ScottySkis

$50 to much to ask customers to general public yes discussion held last night by others who only go once to 3 times in a season for upper, middle lower trail . they don't look for discounts online the go up for 30 dollars that one I opinion is anyway . great to k get a jump and due smart thing props to management and owners listening to their customers and doing right by them and I show my appreciation in 2 weeks apprx after they get 25% open or so which can be done in few days but I got to smaort with spending money this year new job less income to burn now.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
$50 (is) to(o) much to ask customers ...
I couldn't comprehend your post completely, but I would agree that $50 is too much, if their pricing was resulting in empty trails. The fact is, with early season conditions, the North Ridge couldn't really tolerate a significantly larger crowd than they are getting already. I always say, "nothing like a hike up Tuckerman Ravine to remind me how cheap lift tickets really are!"

powhunter

$25 to ski yesterday with awesome snow and no crowds was the cats ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadheadskier

Staff member
Outside of Thanksgiving weekend, no one pays $50 to ski Killington in November or much of December for that matter. There are more twofers available than can be used.

I don't think I've paid over $35 to ski there before Christmas ever.

Newpylong

Yeah Heavenly Traverse certainly was not popular with the general public. But I don't think they doubled the width for the walkway, more trimming of low pine branches.

Before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV2D3HLpHdE

after: http://www.killingtonblog.com/month/201009/graph/20100930A.jpg

MadMadWorld

I would think there would be a long permitting process for cutting trees for expanding trails especially at high elevation on state forest land. As far as I'm aware that didn't occur.

Hold up.....your saying people cut trees without a permit? I call bullshit. That could never happen.

ScottySkis

Outside of Thanksgiving weekend, no one pays $50 to ski Killington in November or much of December for that matter. There are more twofers available than can be used.

I don't think I've paid over $35 to ski there before Christmas ever.

Us on the forums do not pay that much . ppl who go to local mtn 3 times a year just pay window pricing that was a discussion started in my resentseds iwith cousin friends talking about k opening 2 days ago but 50 the advetrtising rate was to much . if it was less they would have gone yesterday.that mty point.I

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com

SIKSKIER

Us on the forums do not pay that much . ppl who go to local mtn 3 times a year just pay window pricing that was a discussion started in my resentseds iwith cousin friends talking about k opening 2 days ago but 50 the advetrtising rate was to much . if it was less they would have gone yesterday.that mty point.I
Translation?

sull1102

As a rider I'm usually heavily outnumbered until Thanksgiving or Christmas even and then once late April comes same deal. I think it has to do with the parks not being set up yet. If K had a trail just loaded with rails and boxes right now and advertised it then you would see more boards up there.

steamboat1

What's interesting to me about the video is that it shows a lot of riders. I would estimate that 90% of the people there on opening day were skiers. I notice that is the case also in May. Any riders out there who can comment on why they (collectively) skip the early/late season?
Not a rider myself but I suspect it's because of moguls.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
People who woud have spent money or alchol food and advestining for K was lost out because of 50 lift ticket price online. 30 they would have traveled for 20$ less.

K has been advertising on their website, facebook and via email all fall about twofer one tickets. No one pays $50 to ski there. Or at least no one paying attention does. People who ski this early in the year, tend to be checking out those resorts Facebook pages early and no of the deals.