• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington vs Sundayriver

Savemeasammy

Because the other threads aren't contentious enough...

I saw bumps in 180's video at K. Did SR have any?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

yeggous

Because the other threads aren't contentious enough...

I saw bumps in 180's video at K. Did SR have any?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Yes they did. It was soft until about 3pm when things started to soften up. You could even ski to the bottom if you didn't mind some gravelly sections.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

C-Rex

I'm glad people are out getting turns, but I don't see the point of arguing who's better this time of the season. It's not like someone living near SR is going to drive all the way to K because their 3 trails have slightly softer snow, or vice versa.

This time of year, getting some turns in is like swiping some frosting off the cake before it gets served. Just a bonus, and a taste of things to come. Enjoy whatever you can get and be grateful you live close enough that it's worthwhile to go ski 3 trails.

drjeff

Who cares! They both opened and the lift served New England '14-'15 ski season is underway!! In the end, that's all that really matters!

dlague

The key is you are out making turns - who cares what other places had. IMO take what the mountain gives you!

SkiFanE

This time of year, getting some turns in is like swiping some frosting off the cake before it gets served. Just a bonus, and a taste of things to come. Enjoy whatever you can get and be grateful you live close enough that it's worthwhile to go ski 3 trails.

That. But also get the body aches and pains out of the way before true season. And I'm picking up new boots on Saturday on way to slopes, I'll be in fine shape by thanksgiving. Plus esrly season is only filled with the ski jonesers, lol, good people.

machski

Sunday River = Fail.

Sort of because I wound up spending $$ at your resort Wednesday. But then there is this, where's K going to be at?

Today at Sunday River

Thursday, November 6, 2014

After*a great opening*day this past Monday, we are more than ready to get started on our winter season. On Saturday, we will be open SEVEN DAYS A WEEK, so get yourself ready. Pack the car. Put in your vacation time for Monday.Book your lodging. This is happening. *You know what else? We're gunning (literally gunning) for top-to-bottom skiing and riding by Monday. Maybe Sunday. Stay tuned. Our snowmakers are maniacs. If they can do it, they will.

Temperatures are expected to plummet again as we head into the weekend and we may even see some flurries. As you can expect, we'll also be blasting a full arsenal of snow guns the moment those tempertures dip into the upper 20s.

jerryg

Had they been blowing down to the base or just in the pod they have open?

Sort of because I wound up spending $$ at your resort Wednesday. But then there is this, where's K going to be at?

Today at Sunday River

Thursday, November 6, 2014

After*a great opening*day this past Monday, we are more than ready to get started on our winter season. On Saturday, we will be open SEVEN DAYS A WEEK, so get yourself ready. Pack the car. Put in your vacation time for Monday.Book your lodging. This is happening. *You know what else? We're gunning (literally gunning) for top-to-bottom skiing and riding by Monday. Maybe Sunday. Stay tuned. Our snowmakers are maniacs. If they can do it, they will.

Temperatures are expected to plummet again as we head into the weekend and we may even see some flurries. As you can expect, we'll also be blasting a full arsenal of snow guns the moment those tempertures dip into the upper 20s.