• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Summit 6.0 changes?

reefer

Not sure I should put the thumbs down here and it may be a little harsh. The Loaf deal is real good and they have been great to AZ, but I'm being a cry-baby.
They are really being sticklers on the maximum occupancy. In the past I was able to get a condo for my wife and me at the minimum rate (this year 142.00), even though technically it could sleep (4) with the pull out bed or couch. To get that same room they want the Inn price off 199.00 each (before fees and taxes). Still a good deal and I may do it.
The bigger issue is that in the past we could add a day in front or behind for that rate. It is nice going up Thursday and skiing Friday. They will give me Thursday night for the 199.00 (100.00 each), but no lift ticket. $50.00 extra for the ticket.
Will likely not ski the loaf Friday or stay Thursday night. So they lose 199.00 and plenty of cash we spend on dinner and drinks Thursday and lunches on Friday. Not to mention my wife's Friday spa day and massage Saturday (which I don't even ask how much it cost - I'm afraid).
If anyone finds things are different than this please let me know, but she was asking her manager all the questions after I questioned her. I realize they are in business to maximize profits. Like I said, just pouting because I'm a cheapskate. But throw in the Friday lift ticket for cryin-out-loud. Hate that to be the deal breaker. Thanks Boyne.
I'll contemplate my options and talk to the ski widow tonight, but I'm seriously prepared to bag the whole thing now. I can go to a lot of places for pretty close to that money with my skiing discounts, (and half the gas). May do the Summit at Killington or Stowe this year.

Last edited:

Puck it

Same happened to me. They quoted like double what I paid at the Sugartree last year for a studio with queen and a Murphy queen. I booked the Inn for 198 per person and two beds.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
The rate should be whatever it says. It did go up by like 5 - 10$ this year.

As far as i know they've never given out free Friday passes and rates have always been based on max occupancy. Maybe you guys got lucky before or something but it's how it is supposed to be.

I'll be up skiing on Friday for sure!

Puck it

The rate should be whatever it says. It did go up by like 5 - 10$ this year.

As far as i know they've never given out free Friday passes and rates have always been based on max occupancy. Maybe you guys got lucky before or something but it's how it is supposed to be.

I'll be up skiing on Friday for sure!
I think that was the case but when it is two guys. I want separate beds.

wa-loaf

I do think they've been a little more flexible in the past about pricing and rooms and such. I just assumed I got lucky but I don't expect them to do better than whats listed in the deal.

From a customer relations perspective I'd think letting people add Thursday night for the same or (close to it) rate would be a good idea since that room is likely to remain empty. I'd wait until we are close to the trip and call back. Ask them if they have another room available for Thursday and if they can give you a good deal on it. They maybe more flexible if it's a couple weeks out and they want to fill a few more rooms.

AdironRider

On a board that has a sticky about skiing for as cheap as possible, this thread doesn't surprise me.

This deal is not good enough!

Tin

We are spending Thursday and Thursday night (maybe Fri) at Saddleback. Much cheaper and haven't been there yet.

VTKilarney

Some of the condos on their website say that they are max occupancy 2. You can't book those?

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Some of the condos on their website say that they are max occupancy 2. You can't book those?

As of earlier today there were only 2 left , I got one at a single rate ( which was much higher $317) quickly called my brother and He and his GF are in so I got the rate down to Adv. low. ($142)

Last edited:

Highway Star

Wow. You guys are real ballers, livin' large....

I'm paying about $42 per day this year for lifts and lodging.

Tin

As of earlier today there were only 2 left , I got one at a single rate ( which was much higher $317) quickly called my brother and He and his GF are in so I got the rate down to Adv. low.

WTF, last year there were two left when we booked three weeks before. Must be much fewer of them available. Looks like we will have other plans then.

dlague

Not to add to all of this but we have been wanting to do a summit but with a family we have not been able to swing it. More than likely will be skiing Cannon that weekend. We generally help RSNE on Saturdays but it is Pats Peak that Saturday.

Not to mention it is a hike! Central New England would nice some time.

reefer

Thanks for all the input.
Looks like I was lucky then. I understand the rules. When me and the boys were coming we always paid a little extra to have our own beds. Started bringing the wives and they were giving us the one bedrooms for the low rate. They now want extra (the Inn rate) - which is fine. Where they really lost me was on the extra night. It is the same rate, but no lift ticket included. Last two years lift tickets were included in the low rate third day. Now an Extra $50.00. I thought most places included the lift ticket with the stay? Stay three nights get three lift tickets, but not here. So bottom line my $450.00 ski and stay now went north of $700.00 for the three days three nights. Still not bad for slopeside but I'm sorry, I will come to the Loaf mid-week for the same cost when I know the snowfields and Brackett are open as I did before the Summits started. Never difficult to get a Monday - Wednesday room there at a decent price and no-one on the hill. Got a lot of vacation time banked up and it's very flexible. My boss understands....................
l'm really not that cheap. Just try to be as frugal as possible when I can so I can have a couple beers and lunch at the resort bars if I want.

I asked about condo's for two and was told twice they had none. Must have been sold out.

Last edited:

prsboogie

We are spending Thursday and Thursday night (maybe Fri) at Saddleback. Much cheaper and haven't been there yet.

I have a friend a work that owns slopeside and loves it. Trying to get her to part with a weekend for the FAM to head up but they are up nearly every weekend, wth!

ScottySkis

Change to Vemont or and Adk mountain for next year . K would and magic weekend and gore after we get mini platty day Friday when their open in jan this year. Hunter spring time no one is their snow piled up last year way in to end of skiing

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Not to add to all of this but we have been wanting to do a summit but with a family we have not been able to swing it. More than likely will be skiing Cannon that weekend. We generally help RSNE on Saturdays but it is Pats Peak that Saturday.

Not to mention it is a hike! Central New England would nice some time.

Where are you coming from? WE have people coming form NY and maybe even PA.