• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Three Places you intend to visit this year that you haven't yet!

Bostonian

Okay... So here is the deal, this year I want to be a bit adventurous and I have picked out three places I intend to visit and ski.

1. Black Mountain in NH - This place looks really underrated and a lot of fun.

2. Berkshire East in MA - Again a little off the radar and a place that looks like a lot of fun especially on a powder day

3. Mount Snow in VT - I can honestly say I have never skied it... So I figure why nmot.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Middlebury Snowbowl

Owl's Head - if I get my act together and get a new passport

Those are the only places on the radar I haven't been before.

4aprice

I will not get to any I have never skied before but, I am planning to get to a few I haven't been to in a long time. #1 on that list will be Stowe (with the Ski Vermont Pass). Probably 20+ years since I've been there.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Cornhead

Hickory in the Daks, couple places in CO, haven't decided yet, maybe Breck and Loveland. The only place I've skied in CO is A-basin.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

wa-loaf

Jay
Snowbasin,
Powder Mtn

Not sure if any of those will happen, but they are all achievable.

Savemeasammy

Gore
Whiteface
Saddleback

Also Bolton Valley is a day trip, and I have the fox 44 card... Owls Head is intriguing. We'll see on that one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

This thread resurfaces each year, and each year I post in it and fail miserably. Like Charlie Brown attempting to kick the football.

With that in mind, these are the three I would LIKE (no promises) to hit this season.

1) Middlebury Snowbowl
2) Mont Sutton
3) Mad River Glen

Of those, Mont Sutton is the most likely chance for success given it's close to where I stay in Vermont. MRG is the least likely for me to achieve, because most of the people I ski with are snowboarders.

MadMadWorld

This thread resurfaces each year, and each year I post in it and fail miserably. Like Charlie Brown attempting to kick the football.

With that in mind, these are the three I would LIKE (no promises) to hit this season.

1) Middlebury Snowbowl
2) Mont Sutton
3) Mad River Glen

Of those, Mont Sutton is the most likely chance for success given it's close to where I stay in Vermont. MRG is the least likely for me to achieve, because most of the people I ski with are snowboarders.

You should get to MRG. If you are a fan of Smuggs you will have a blast.

skiberg

Verbier
Megeve
Courmayer

I know its a bit exotic, but I am heading over to Europe again in February.

Domestically- #1 goal is to get my kids their first day at MRG.

dlague

Well we have a tendency to share the love and ski at 15-20 different ski areas each year. As a result, we have skied at 36 different ski areas in New England and Eastern Townships. However, this year will venture out west and Ski Banff (Lake Louise, Sunshine Village and Norquay). In New England, we are interested in Sugarloaf, Black Mt. of ME, and MRG.

dlague

Gore
Whiteface
Saddleback

Also Bolton Valley is a day trip, and I have the fox 44 card... Owls Head is intriguing. We'll see on that one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if you hit Jay Peak on that card - might as well hit Owls Head they are 20-30 minutes apart.