Three Places you intend to visit this year that you haven't yet! - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

This reminds me I've always wanted to hit the Thunderbolt trail. But it's very much condition dependent so I'm not sure I'll get to it this year. Or for that matter, ANY year. It'll happen when it happens.

I'm saving my nickels this season for a handful of overnight stays/ ski all day / drive home trips to a few places in northern New England. These have always been beyond my usual day trips, and I consider it to be inexcusable that I haven't ever been:
    Saddleback
    Sunday River
    Jay Peak

I would love to ski Katahdin again. It's been way too long. That place is unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by KD7000 View Post
    I'm saving my nickels this season for a handful of overnight stays/ ski all day / drive home trips to a few places in northern New England. These have always been beyond my usual day trips, and I consider it to be inexcusable that I haven't ever been:
    Saddleback
    Sunday River
    Jay Peak
    Good list!

Well we have sealed out fate ourselves with some guaranteed new - Sugarloaf, Lake Louise, Sunshine Village, Norquay - down payments have been made for those two trips. We have a early season comp for SR, been there but - Black Mountain of ME is close so may pay a visit there too!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    I have done the chin. Bottom of it is a little sketchy. is the slack country the old Crotch?
    Bingo. The sat photo is a little dated so the question is whether the stuff has filled in. Which way did you approach Lincoln's Chin? Over the ridge from Franconia or up from Lincoln?

Quote Originally Posted by catsup948 View Post
    That unnamed slide in Charlemont is on my list too. I'm surprised I haven't skied it yet, I live 10 miles from there. There is an amazingly steep powerline with great access no more than 10 minutes from there, probably why I haven't skied it yet.
    I've seen that powerline (and the one next to it) and wondered if they had decent skiing. Let me know if you ski that middle slide. I'm wondering if it is possible to ski the woods above it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    Let me know when you are game for #1. Look at it almost every day, but haven't ventured in on skis.
    You thinking of the slides on the East or West face of Lincoln..? The one posted there is the East side. I'm thinking of doing an approach from Lincoln. Either a long two days or a three day trip.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMadWorld View Post
    I would love to ski Katahdin again. It's been way too long. That place is unbelievable!
    That's on my list. Missed out on an opening on the annual AMC trip a few years back. I've regretted it ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by noreasterbackcountry View Post
    Bingo. The sat photo is a little dated so the question is whether the stuff has filled in. Which way did you approach Lincoln's Chin? Over the ridge from Franconia or up from Lincoln?
    We actually climbed up the throat from the notch. Then skied down. My climbing buddies wanted to climb and I wanted to do both and talked them into skiing it as well.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Smuggs, MRG, Black NH

"man you make it look so fluid"

The Crotched East area isn't worth the trip and needs A LOT of snow. The old lift lines and "Dipsy Doodle" to the far right were fun but you'll need some PTEX after. I skied it after the 29" from Nemo and still needed some core shots. I would stick to the back and side areas. I'm sure the cold weather trimming crew up there has cleared even more off the far West Ledges.

Magic, This should happen this year, as I have a Stratton pass so I will be in the area, and have the VT ski 3 pass to burn.

Stowe, Could possibly go there with my VT ski 3 pass, but I think the chances of it happening this season are <50%

Blue Hills, High chance of this happening as I now work with someone who volunteers there. Considering I no longer have a Wawa pass, I am inclined to finally try Big Blue for once.

Thread Information