Cannon Lover's Thread - Page 104

AlpineZone

Page 104 of 233 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2325

How did you get a date for when the aerial was taken?

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    It looks like it is actually feed by Pemigewasset River. Somebody go up to Profile Lake and kick out a few stones in the outfall..... lol In all seriousness, I highly doubt that the project would have been undertaken after a date that it would not be possible to have the lake filled to capacity for snowmaking. Given why they were doing the replacement, I would guess that was a well thought out issue.
    The watershed division is roughly between the Tram and the Old Man Vistor's Center. Profile Lake drains east into the Pemi River while Echo Lake drains west toward the CT river.

The refilling the lake likely wouldn't have been a problem if rainfall would have been at least 50% of normal or better during the last several months.

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    How did you get a date for when the aerial was taken?
    The Google Earth desktop program displays the imagery date. You can actually cycle back through older imagery as well.
    You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I have heard they have less than 10 days of snowmaking capacity in the lake right now. If this is true its an utter disaster. They blew snow for 60 freaking days straight on Lower Cannon alone last year.

Quote Originally Posted by from_the_NEK View Post
    The watershed division is roughly between the Tram and the Old Man Vistor's Center. Profile Lake drains east into the Pemi River while Echo Lake drains west toward the CT river.

The refilling the lake likely wouldn't have been a problem if rainfall would have been at least 50% of normal or better during the last several months.

The Google Earth desktop program displays the imagery date. You can actually cycle back through older imagery as well.
    I totally missed the change in topography on that. Thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by skiberg View Post
    I have heard they have less than 10 days of snowmaking capacity in the lake right now. If this is true its an utter disaster. They blew snow for 60 freaking days straight on Lower Cannon alone last year.
    I think you need to take a deep breath and calm down about this. For all we know, the lake is filled and everything is going to be fine. Have some faith in these guys, pretty sure they looked at all possibilities and what the consequences would have been if they lacked snowmaking capacity. It is also possible that since they had to install some sort of bypass, when the dam was being reconstructed and raise (to keep flow to the downgradient stream), maybe they have some leeway this year for what levels need to be maintained in the lake.

I drove by the long pond. the Concord water supply. Couldn't believe how low it was. I'm not worried about Cannon though. This rain storm should drop at least an inch up there and they'll be fine.
    make snow not war
    Waterville Valley, bought to be sold

Take a deep breath?? Calm Down?? By god ski season is here, I am not thinking clearly anymore. Neurosis is setting in. Daily weather checks will soon become hourly.
    Ill take some pics on Sat and see what's up.

Take a deep breath?? Calm Down?? By god ski season is here, I am not thinking clearly anymore. Neurosis is setting in. Daily weather checks will soon become hourly.
    I like your attitude. Getting twitchy here too.

I really didn't mean to offend you by that comment. Look, whatever the condition is, its not like we can do anything about it.

And yes, the season is upon us and I am also checking weather condition all the time.

Thread Information