• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

SIKSKIER

Talked to a friend that skied Monday and he said the Zoomer pod snow was very consistant but hard underneath.The top was windblown.They got more overnight.bluebird today.The Peabody was down for a while but not for wind.He saw mechanics going up in the maintainance basket.Guessing a switch problem on a tower.

wtcobb

Talked to a friend that skied Monday and he said the Zoomer pod snow was very consistant but hard underneath.The top was windblown.They got more overnight.bluebird today.The Peabody was down for a while but not for wind.He saw mechanics going up in the maintainance basket.Guessing a switch problem on a tower.

Peabody and Eagle both had mechanical issues, I hear. Also heard Mittersill was superb.

I suppose you could take Mitty lift and ski down to Cannonball, making the traverse to Vail's back bowls look easy.

SIKSKIER

Peabody and Eagle both had mechanical issues, I hear. Also heard Mittersill was superb.

I suppose you could take Mitty lift and ski down to Cannonball, making the traverse to Vail's back bowls look easy.

Thats a pretty big hike above the Mittersill lift.Actually,its the same vertical climb from there or from the top of the Eagle Cliff,about 500ft.

dlague

What traverse at Vail are you talking about, you can drop in almost anywhere and lift chain to anything. The back bowls are pretty easy to get to. Going from Mittersill to the runs off Cannonball looks like it requires hiking 500 vert. with distance even more. I would rather ski Mittersill and Zoomer.

wtcobb

What traverse at Vail are you talking about, you can drop in almost anywhere and lift chain to anything. The back bowls are pretty easy to get to. Going from Mittersill to the runs off Cannonball looks like it requires hiking 500 vert. with distance even more. I would rather ski Mittersill and Zoomer.

Blue Sky.

I had no amount of sincerity in suggesting using Mittersill lift to ski runs off Cannonball.

wtcobb

ah got it!

Unless you're looking for a real workout and enjoy slow chairlift rides, then Mitty it is!

IIRC Blue Sky was a pain to get to from the resort front. I went several years ago with a group and some in the party were intent on skiing the basin - we spent half the morning going up, down, and across trying to get there. In the afternoon we said screw it and skied whatever was in front of us with no plan or direction - we had a much better time with that approach!

dlague

Unless you're looking for a real workout and enjoy slow chairlift rides, then Mitty it is!

IIRC Blue Sky was a pain to get to from the resort front. I went several years ago with a group and some in the party were intent on skiing the basin - we spent half the morning going up, down, and across trying to get there. In the afternoon we said screw it and skied whatever was in front of us with no plan or direction - we had a much better time with that approach!
True not direct route from a lift perspective. It takes a minimum of two lift rides but you can get there from Sun Up Bowl. Then again Blue Sky is not even connected to the front side.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

SIKSKIER

Thought I'd share a friends pic of Franconia yesterday.After pow turns on Cannon she did some x-country here in the valley later.Love it.

Attachments

• cannonLu.jpg
    cannonLu.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 100

yeggous

Absolutely puking big fat flakes just through Franconia Notch. Whiteout conditions so drive carefully.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app