• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Puck it

Haha grooming. ! It will be flat in June

Before the snowmaking upgrade I was thinking they should be sending the snowmakers and groomers to Killington for training.
Snowmaking has improved but damn Helen Keller could do better grooming

It's consistently poor at best.
Skiing it every weekend you get used to it. Low expectations are set but I guess you have to take what the groomers give you !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
Helen Keller, oh yeah. Anne Frank's mother.

Jcb890

Not Cannon-related, but I noticed some subpar grooming at Mt. Snow last weekend also with a decent amount of groomer ridges and just odd transitions.

granite

Adds character to a rather boring slope :)

Try skiing Extension at about 50 mph through the big directional change onto Avalanche and then hit the bottom of Avalanche at about 80 mph. Don't think you will find that boring. Make sure no one is your way.

Jcb890

Watch out for the mogul field if you take the corner to tight too.
At Big Sky I got forced into a mogul field by a downhill skier cutting into my path when I was doing maybe 40 or 45... the crash was UGLY but thankfully could have been much worse. I just kept my board pointed straight and prepared for the crash as I hit that first bump. I think I just kind of wound up laying down as I wound up on my stomach sliding and I think my arms took most of the impact because both shoulders were sore for a little while. I slid so hard and fast my toe straps actually came completely undone. I had never seen that before.

If I had tried to correct it I probably would have caught my toe edge or heel edge and really gotten myself hurt.

Puck it

Try skiing Extension at about 50 mph through the big directional change onto Avalanche and then hit the bottom of Avalanche at about 80 mph. Don't think you will find that boring. Make sure no one is your way.
It is called racing the Tram. I have not done it in quite a few years though. I used to get thumbs up from the coaches on the bottom of Banshee as I was flying by going Mach Schnell. Oops tunaspeed.

SIKSKIER

Many moons ago they used to run the tram every 6-8 minutes.Now I never use it but I thought it pretty much runs about every 10 minutes.Plenty of time to beat it boys!

granite

Many moons ago they used to run the tram every 6-8 minutes.Now I never use it but I thought it pretty much runs about every 10 minutes.Plenty of time to beat it boys!

Racing the tram means to get off the tram at the top station, run down the stairs-get your skis on and race to the bottom to get on the waiting tram before it leaves. In other words, if you take the red tram up (ketchup) you ski down and get on the yellow tram (mustard) before it leaves. You have about 2 1/2 minutes to do it if they are loading it up and leaving as fast as they can on a busy day.

Jully

Racing the tram means to get off the tram at the top station, run down the stairs-get your skis on and race to the bottom to get on the waiting tram before it leaves. In other words, if you take the red tram up (ketchup) you ski down and get on the yellow tram (mustard) before it leaves. You have about 2 1/2 minutes to do it if they are loading it up and leaving as fast as they can on a busy day.

That makes more sense as 6-8 minutes down is a long time to get down. That said, 2.5 minutes including the walk down the steps is pretty aggressive!