• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Zand

Yup my 1 run through Lakeview Glades was pure garbage. But the summit stuff and Mittersill are deep.

HomaWong

Website
anythingbutawedding.com
I was at Cannon today. The Cannonball Express lift was closed - I'm not sure of the reason. The rain and warmth of Monday and Tuesday has changed the conditions from nice packed power with some loose snow to white concrete nearly everywhere. Turns could be made and the gooming has helped, but they need some new snow. Crowds were not an issue. The mountain had met their skier cap for the day even though the parking lot was only about half full. No lift line was over a few minutes.

bizarrefaith

Looks like the warm up that started Sunday has hurt -- everything was open Sunday but now all the glades and most natural trails are showing closed. Not sure if this is due to a refreeze making them too icy, snow loss, or both.

chuckstah

And they already threw in the towel for tomorrow. Closed due to expected wind and ice.

snoseek

They're blowing now!!!!
I guess I should get my pass now!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Solid offering at Cannon today for my first day out of the season. 4 routes off the top, 3 down low. Zoomer, Rocket, Gary's and Extension all lit up and will be open soon.

Who would guess that little state run Cannon is doing more for their ski area than the Wealthiest ski company in the world is doing for their 4 NH ski areas combined.

Attachments

• IMG_20211204_104910634_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211204_104910634_HDR.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16

Smellytele

Solid offering at Cannon today for my first day out of the season. 4 routes off the top, 3 down low. Zoomer, Rocket, Gary's and Extension all lit up and will be open soon.

Who would guess that little state run Cannon is doing more for their ski area than the Wealthiest ski company in the world is doing for their 4 NH ski areas combined.
I was there today as well. Wife’s first day of the season so quit early. It was great in the morning. A little scraped off by noon but edges were still fine.

snoseek

Fate took me to sunapee today but the whole time I wanted to be at cannon.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Threecy’s head just exploded

speden

Nice, I hope to get up there soon. Probably gonna be a little bit icy after today's rain followed by some low temps.