• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Cannonball

I'll repost this pic from last year as an example. This was an unmarked trail last season. It was so tight that we couldn't find the line down and literally had to crawl up and out on our hands and knees. This year it's on the trail map with virtually no additional clearing.

That's Puck it. Can't tell if he's crawling on on he's knees or praying for a swift end to his misery....

attachment.php

Attachments

• Crawl.jpg
    Crawl.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 265

HouseQuinn

I'll repost this pic from last year as an example. This was an unmarked trail last season. It was so tight that we couldn't find the line down and literally had to crawl up and out on our hands and knees. This year it's on the trail map with virtually no additional clearing.

That's Puck it. Can't tell if he's crawling on on he's knees or praying for a swift end to his misery....

attachment.php

This makes me feel a little better about myself.

So, someone give me a ranking of marked Cannon glades, easiest>hardest.

Cannonball

I might miss some, and some ranking are debatable because sections and conditions vary. And I'm ignoring ones added this year since I'm still mourning. (although I tossed in Creek since you mentioned it).

- All glades in Tuckerbrook learning area
- Turnpike
- Banshee
- Snowmakers
- Lake View
- Echo
- Lost Boys
- Global Warming
- Mushroom
- Go Green
- Creek
- Kinsman

JDMRoma

Glad it makes you feel better..... But I still remember crawling out !

I was initiated to Cannon last year, after many years of going to BW. Cannons amazingly more fun !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

JDMRoma

Don't forget wicked Haaad .....to find !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last edited:

Cannonball

It's called an exaggeration

I didn't think you were exaggerating. You didn't say "you fall you die", you said "might send someone to their death". Death doesn't have to come from falling. I've seen plenty of people in Kinsman gasping like their heart was about to explode. Also, I've seen many husbands and boyfriends nearly murdered in Kinsman for convincing partners that "You'll love it!!".

Puck it

I didn't think you were exaggerating. You didn't say "you fall you die", you said "might send someone to their death". Death doesn't have to come from falling. I've seen plenty of people in Kinsman gasping like their heart was about to explode. Also, I've seen many husbands and boyfriends nearly murdered in Kinsman for convincing partners that "You'll love it!!".

Stop op talking about me. I right here!

And you left off Bobcat!

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com

attachment.php

That picture brings back nightmares. Last year I thought I found the entrance to Gunsight but it turned out to be some path that some snow-shoers had made. 45 minutes to an hour later after crawling back out in chest high snow I finally made it back to Vista Way.

Puck it

That picture brings back nightmares. Last year I thought I found the entrance to Gunsight but it turned out to be some path that some snow-shoers had made. 45 minutes to an hour later after crawling back out in chest high snow I finally made it back to Vista Way.
You can't get there from there.

Edd

I skied Kinsman once and it was a lot of work for me. A couple pics from a TR I posted years ago:

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1424106664.406735.jpg

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1424106689.435682.jpg

Edit: actually, I'm posting a TR from there I did in 2009. I used to be so much better with TRs and skiing alone but I've become quite the pansy in recent years.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php?t=50289

Last edited: