• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I skied Kinsman once and it was a lot of work for me. A couple pics from a TR I posted years ago:

Edit: actually, I'm posting a TR from there I did in 2009. I used to be so much better with TRs and skiing alone but I've become quite the pansy in recent years.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php?t=50289

That WAS a cool report. You should post more of those. Just think how much better your glade skiing is by now!

Edd

That WAS a cool report. You should post more of those. Just think how much better your glade skiing is by now!

Thanks. I doubt my glade skiing is much better but, you're right, I need to up my game with the TRs.

Brad J

That could've been me! How's the cover in the Kinsman or any glade at Cannon these days?

I was on it last Sat , it needs more snow, it had a lot of traffic of people who should not be there!

Brad J

That is the problem with most of these type.of trails.

I was surprised of hikers on kinsmen, came across a group coming up as I was coming down a steep section. Is that a hiking trail?

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
What do you think is tougher, Kinsman or Tramline?

Kinsman is a lot harder for me personally. It's consistently more difficult than Tramline, it just never seems to end.

This is from Sunday, looking down near the bottom
KRXQqZE.jpg

and looking back up
erltfsc.jpg

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Kinsman is a lot harder for me personally. It's consistently more difficult than Tramline, it just never seems to end.

This is from Sunday, looking down near the bottom
Looks pretty good. Skied off but not unskiable. Needs some of Boston's snow.

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
Kinsman's conditions were fine (2/15). The top was a bit more "skied off" than what the pictures I posted show but still perfectly fine. Some stumps and roots in a few places but nothing you couldn't avoid.

dlague

Sorry just my poor attempt at humor about the conditions on 2/7,
I'm all ways thinking that we need more snow on the Mt.

got it! Well I work about 25 minutes from Cannon - come Spring - there maybe some longer lunch breaks!

Puck it

Kinsman's conditions were fine (2/15). The top was a bit more "skied off" than what the pictures I posted show but still perfectly fine. Some stumps and roots in a few places but nothing you couldn't avoid.

So, what you are saying is "normal Cannon conditions".